EAST FRONT CAMPAIGN CRASH TEMPORARY SOLUTION

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

Jason Petho

EAST FRONT CAMPAIGN CRASH TEMPORARY SOLUTION

Post by Jason Petho »

While I still have no idea why this is happening, if you run into the problem, here is how you fix it:

1. Open the CampaignName.ccd file in a text editor (NOTEPAD)

2. Press CTRL + H

3. Enter two spaces in the top field and leave the second field blank

4. Select REPLACE ALL

5. Press OK

6. Select SAVE

...and try to load the campaign.

Hope that helps
Jason Petho
kagee

RE: EAST FRONT CAMPAIGN CRASH TEMPORARY SOLUTION

Post by kagee »

RE: JT:CS EF Tutorial. As I progress thru the tutorial I keep having a lot of screen freezes where nothing will change the screen ie can't even scroll off edge of screen to the N,S,W,E. Screen will not follow cursor. Can't see my units. Only fix is to exit all the way back to starting the game screen else problem comes right back. Is this unique to the tutorial? Would I use the above when I'm just running the scenario? I don't know if this happens in a Campaign
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: kagee

RE: JT:CS EF Tutorial. As I progress thru the tutorial I keep having a lot of screen freezes where nothing will change the screen ie can't even scroll off edge of screen to the N,S,W,E. Screen will not follow cursor. Can't see my units. Only fix is to exit all the way back to starting the game screen else problem comes right back. Is this unique to the tutorial? Would I use the above when I'm just running the scenario? I don't know if this happens in a Campaign
Kamerad Nelson!

What are your system specs and could you provide a DxDiag log file perhaps? Also look for two log files called frontend.log and engine.log; they're localed in the East Front II directory. .ZIP them all and let me have a look, OK?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
kagee

Post by kagee »

The Matrix help desk apparently doesn't think much about you RE trying to help. After attempting to upload the files requested and busting the size limitation by 66 Kb I then sent all and my problem to them. Here is the Matrix help desk response:

Hi kagee,

Oberst_Klink is not a developer. We can only send files to developers. I suggest you to ask him how to contact him or just to host the file in a hosting site, like for example Dropbox, and then provide a download link in the forum.

Kind Regards,

Paulo Costa
The Slitherine Group
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

ORIGINAL: kagee

Kamerad Nelson!

What are your system specs and could you provide a DxDiag log file perhaps? Also look for two log files called frontend.log and engine.log; they're localed in the East Front II directory. .ZIP them all and let me have a look, OK?

Klink, Oberst
Interesting... well, never claimed that I am a developer, just an old technical support salt; the reason I asked for the DxDiag was to just have a look what your specs are. So, Windows 7, 10, 8.1, size of RAM... nothing really secretive...

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
gdpsnake1979

Post by gdpsnake1979 »

Jason,
Your quick fix worked great, thank you. I was having that problem.
Here is what I believe is happening. The campaignname.org and campaignname.map do not generate. I checked my error logs and files. What happens when you click on next mission (and ONLY when an upgrade has arrived) the org does not generate because a problem occurs in the upgrade somehow (I have the latest version and I started with an MCS organization, not an older Tiller org.). Then the map doesn't generate because the org never did and the game crashes back to the main menu. You can't go back to an 'older' time because the org is gone. The ccx and cgn are still there as well as older and oldest files but you can't pull the old org out of those files (I tried). The .BTL file is corrupted as well. I went to scenario and clicked on the last one but it won't run because the org and map files are gone. I checked the .BTL file of the scenario and where those files should be, it's just garbage. I tried to cut and paste but the older files don't match and that won't work either.
So my conclusion is an error on upgrades. I believe it happens when a Tank company organization loses a unit: as in my case where # PZ(whatever) and 5 PZII become just # PZ (New model) and the attached scouting unit is lost. For example: 17 PZIIIJ and 5PZII became just 14 PZIVF2. I suggest this because it does not happen every time. Sometimes the 5 PZII return. I've also had upgrades where the only thing I noticed was the Tank Company simply lost the 5 PZII unit but the model remained the same.

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”