3rd Time the Charm?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Heliotic

RE: 3rd Time the Charm?

Post by Heliotic »

PS: Do I need to download the 70MB patch if I only bought/downloaded the game a few days ago?
Datacorp: Providing personnel decisions and management consulting for exploiting your core competencies with an eye towards productivity and connectivity!
Mr.Frag

Post by Mr.Frag »

if you already have 1.21, you just need the little one.
Tophat

Post by Tophat »

Frag,
I'm updated to 1.21 already so i can get away with the small download correct?

I'll not be missing any component?
rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

I too had trouble getting the download, but it went through after a couple attempts.

From what I have read, if you have ver 1.21, you should be ok with the small download unless you have had problems with crashes and/or sound problems (many crashes in my case - so had to go big download.)
Xargun

Post by Xargun »

ORIGINAL: Tophat

Frag,
I'm updated to 1.21 already so i can get away with the small download correct?

I'll not be missing any component?

Correct. The only difference between the two patches (besides size) is the small one is for people patched up to 1.21... The larger patch takes you from 1.00 to 1.3...

Xargun

PS Tophat if you can't get it to work and want to drive to columbus, I can burn you a copy of the patch
pad152

Post by pad152 »

If your going to download something bigger at 10mb, use a download manager like (GetRight), this way if you lose your connection, you can pick up right were you left off.
Tophat

Post by Tophat »

Thanks fellows i downloaded the small patch having already been at 1.21.....it downloaded no problem at all.

Xargun,
whats going on with the vote down in columbus?
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Doh! Help!

Well so far I've managed 72%, 76%, 16% and 16% with a download manager and 14% without one. I'm getting less now that when the server was busy.

Any one at Matrix got some details as to how the "session cookie" and id stuff works to identify legit users? Seems that the Matrix server pulls the pin on me and then my download manager can't resume downloading. I've tried my download manager with and without multi-threading, any other setting worth playing with?

I have no problems download Gigabyte plus files, I download the WITP game no problems, but this file hates me with a passion.

Cheers
Top Cat
Bodhi

Post by Bodhi »

ORIGINAL: Top Cat
I have no problems download Gigabyte plus files, I download the WITP game no problems, but this file hates me with a passion.

The original download is on Digital River's servers, this patch is on Matrix's server.
Bodhi
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Succeeded in 3rd try after 'hang-ups' at 26% and 48%. Even with DSL it took four hours. [>:]
dtravel

Post by dtravel »

I've tried five times now (DSL). The server consistently resets the connection on me at 15 minutes. And I CANNOT use a download manager for various reasons. (And didn't someone say they have confirmed that the Matrix server doesn't support resuming downloads anyways?)

[:@]
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

ORIGINAL: dtravel

I've tried five times now (DSL). The server consistently resets the connection on me at 15 minutes. And I CANNOT use a download manager for various reasons. (And didn't someone say they have confirmed that the Matrix server doesn't support resuming downloads anyways?)

[:@]

Correct, both Get Right and Flashget say that the server does not support resuming downloads, which I find a bit dumb considering we're talking a 70= Mb file.

Basically without this function I can't see myself being able to get the patch period.
Tophat

Post by Tophat »

Are you patched to 1.21?

If so you only need the small 1.3 patch!
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

ORIGINAL: Tophat

Are you patched to 1.21?

If so you only need the small 1.3 patch!

No. And I had sound issues. So I kinda need the big patch.

I'm now batting 0 from 8 now. Get Right was even worse than Flashget for me, never got past 14% before getting dumped several times.

Matrix needs to remember that some of it's customers live on the other side of the planet. Downloading without needing to resume might be OK if you live local in the US. but I'm down in here in Aus.

Top Cat
dtravel

Post by dtravel »

I was just able to download the comprehensive 1.3 patch from the Downloads section despite still getting errors when trying to do so thru the Members section.

(In my case I want the full patch because I am anticipating installing the game on my laptop for an extended vacation in a few months.)
This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”