DBB-B vs DBB-C

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yaab

RE: DBB-B vs DBB-C

Post by Yaab »

Amatteucci, look here, post no 27 by Symon.

tm.asp?m=3742111&mpage=1&key=�
amatteucci

Post by amatteucci »

Thank you gents,
useful info, as usual.

P.S. Does anyone know for sure whether the infamous Chinese railroad bridges were removed from the current incarnation of "New Asian Roads"?
Barb

Post by Barb »

TG52.1 with 5xAPA and LSD was transporting just "165th Regimental Combat Team and 105th Battalion Landing Team of the 27th Division". That is 4 battalions worth of troops. Given the additional signal/medical/supply/etc units attached to the assault force and LSD transporting LVTs, they would fit in.
I am playing DBB-C and 5 APAs would have no problems to carry 4 battalions of troops.

TG53.1 with 12xAPA, 1xAP, 3xAKA and 1xLSD would have no problem in game to carry 2nd Marine Division too.

amatteucci

Post by amatteucci »

ORIGINAL: Barb

TG52.1 with 5xAPA and LSD was transporting just "165th Regimental Combat Team and 105th Battalion Landing Team of the 27th Division". That is 4 battalions worth of troops. Given the additional signal/medical/supply/etc units attached to the assault force and LSD transporting LVTs, they would fit in.
I am playing DBB-C and 5 APAs would have no problems to carry 4 battalions of troops.

TG53.1 with 12xAPA, 1xAP, 3xAKA and 1xLSD would have no problem in game to carry 2nd Marine Division too.
Thank you. Very useful information.

BTW, we're always discussing the impact of the DBB-C from the Allied point of view. But how does it impact the Japanese player? Does the mod strain the already difficult logistical task of feeding the hungry imperial industrial complex too much?
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

In my DBB-C PBEM I have no idle xAK types, I tend to ship as many resources to the HI as possible and there are always enough in the SRA and around Japan to keep all vessels occupied. Oil and fuel is a different story, even when I still controlled all oil wells I had more tanker capacity than needed, I can always keep the oil centers more or less "dry". I have even stopped tanker construction. Probably an effect of my ASW and convoy efforts which keep losses to Allied subs low. But maybe oil production is too low - don't think the Japanese had the luxury of idle tankers.
amatteucci

Post by amatteucci »

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

In my DBB-C PBEM I have no idle xAK types, I tend to ship as many resources to the HI as possible and there are always enough in the SRA and around Japan to keep all vessels occupied. Oil and fuel is a different story, even when I still controlled all oil wells I had more tanker capacity than needed, I can always keep the oil centers more or less "dry". I have even stopped tanker construction. Probably an effect of my ASW and convoy efforts which keep losses to Allied subs low. But maybe oil production is too low - don't think the Japanese had the luxury of idle tankers.
Interesting. Especially the bit of information regarding idle tankers.

Generally speaking, do you have the impression that the Japanese merchant fleet is busier in DBB-C with respect to DBB-B and to stock, or do you think that after all, the differences between stock, DBB-B and DBB-C are negligible, if compared to the strain the latter mod imposes on the allied side?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: amatteucci

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Interesting. Especially the bit of information regarding idle tankers.

Generally speaking, do you have the impression that the Japanese merchant fleet is busier in DBB-C with respect to DBB-B and to stock, or do you think that after all, the differences between stock, DBB-B and DBB-C are negligible, if compared to the strain the latter mod imposes on the allied side?
From past conversations my opponent thinks so.
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Concerning the tankers I should add - I never transport fuel in AK types. However, I have converted a couple of small xAKs to tankers to optimize the turn-around in small oil ports.

I cannot compare to DBB-B or stock because I have only played DBB-C in the last couple of years - I believe it is more realistic.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”