Matrix Games and 2by3 Announce the first DLC for War in the East 2
Steel Inferno will release on November
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East 2 was last year’s best-selling and most praised wargame. The simulation improved every aspect of its predecessor, effectively rebooting the series and giving it new life. Since its release, Gary Grigsby and his team have been working hard to improve gameplay with various upgrades. Simultaneously, 2by3 Games started work on the game’s first DLC, Steel Inferno. This expansion puts the spotlight on several major offensives that influenced the course of the war in the East. It is also expanding the gigantic map further by opening new areas throughout eight new Scenarios and two new Campaigns.
Steel Inferno covers Operations in Yugoslavia in 1944 for the first time and adds several German scenarios, such as the attack into the Caucasus. The addition of hypothetical scenarios and two new full map campaigns offer countless extra gameplay hours in historically detailed settings and what-if alternatives.
The Steel Inferno DLC includes:
Two complete Campaigns:
• 1943 Campaign - 3 Jul 43 - 6 Jul 45 -- an entire Campaign starting with the German Operation
• 1944 Campaign- 11 May 44 - 4 Jul 45 -- an entire Campaign that begins with the Soviets readying for the start of their massive Summer 1944 offensives.
• Road to Karelia - 22 Jun 41 - 11 Oct 41
• Army Group A - Part I - Race for the Caucasus - 25 Jul 42 - 20 Nov 42
• Case Blue Phase II 42-43 - 25 Jul 42 - 5 Mar 43
• Case Blue Phase II 43-43 - Alternate - 25 Jul 42 - 5 Mar 43
• Army Group A - Part II - Kuban Bridgehead - 1 Feb 43 - 10 October 43
• AG C - Kutuzov to Bagration 43-44 - 12 Jul 43 - 2 Apr 44
• Western Ukraine 43-44 - 3 Nov 43 - 25 Apr 44
• Drama on the Danube 44 - 20 Aug 44 - 5 May 45
War in the East 2 – Steel Inferno coming soon
Stay updated on our Forum and Discord server
Requires ownership of Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2