Published on May 25, 2010
A completely new engine runs faster and allows players to enjoy the epic hex based campaign map in full wide screen. Slitherine's revolutionary play by e-mail system will also bring a whole new level of excitement in Multiplayer battles.
- A huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east.
- A Grand Campaign covering the whole war from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918. Various smaller scenarios are also available, focusing on a single campaign or front, such as the Verdun 1916, Kaiserschlacht 1918 and Eastern Front Campaigns.
- 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains, Cruisers, Submarines and Battleships, Fighters, Bombers and Zeppelins. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, based on their historical performance in the various theatres throughout the war.
- Attach historical Commanders to your units. Each have their own specific strengths, so decide wisely which Commander is most suited at which front. Three types of Commanders are available: Generals for ground units, Admirals at sea and flying Aces to strengthen your air units.
- Invest in research and technology to improve your units. Aircraft evolve from fragile tools of aerial observation to deadly ground and air attack planes. Artillery barrages become ever more accurate and powerful. Focus on Armour technology and unleash a dreadful new weapon on the battlefield: the Tank.
- Detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training and fog of war.
- Multiplayer via hotseat or Slitherine's revolutionary PBEM server.
- Easy to learn, hard to master game play.
- An all new engine, supporting any display resolution from 1024x600 upwards and includes full wide screen support.
- Extreme moddability using the LUA scripting language, allowing players to alter many aspects of gameplay including combat, research, unit stats, terrain effects and many more.
The game is developed by the Lordz Games Studios (www.thelordzgamesstudio.com) and will release this fall on both Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) online stores.