David Heath , Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, "When we spot a superior game, we do our best to bring the developers on board. We're very glad to have a chance to work with Destroyer Studios. Starshatter is set to raise the bar in a number of areas and we look forward to helping it succeed.”
John DiCamillo of Destroyer Studios added, “We're excited to work with a publisher that has proven experience in both the Strategy and Science Fiction genres. We believe Starshatter will give Matrix Games customers an innovative and intelligent take on space combat and strategy that will be a must for any space and strategy aficionado.”
Starshatter integrates elements of real-time-strategy games by allowing fleet commanders to direct the battle on a tactical level, launching fighters and directing destroyers to defend the fleet and annihilate enemy forces. You will arm fighters for patrol or strike missions. You will send orders to your escorting destroyers and frigates to engage enemy starships or defend the fleet from attack by enemy fighters. You are the admiral, and you decide how to employ all of your forces in battle. It is all up to you.
• Exciting and original science fiction universe
• Integrated fighter and starship combat
• Seamless blend of space combat simulation and real time strategy
• Dynamic campaign engine with four dynamic campaigns
• Easy to learn, difficult to master. Detailed training missions included.
• Highly replayable single player action, plus free multiplayer support*
• Cooperative and head-to-head multiplayer mission scenarios
• Extensive mod support – create your own ships, weapons, galaxies, and missions
• Includes full featured built-in mission editor
• Includes FREE 3D modeling program to create custom ship designs
• Choose from three different flight models: newtonian, relaxed, and arcade
• Choose from four different inputs: keyboard, mouse, gamepad, or joystick
* Multiplayer support includes free server browser. Local network access charges may apply.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2002, Matrix Games has published several award-winning games, including Korsun Pocket, Uncommon Valor and Eric Young's Squad Assault . Matrix Games is based in Woodbridge , New Jersey . For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at http://www.matrixgames.com/
ABOUT DESTROYER STUDIOS
Destroyer Studios LLC is an independent game development company dedicated to the creation of exceptional entertainment. Starshatter is their first major game release. Destroyer Studios was founded by lead developer John DiCamillo. Mr. DiCamillo has fifteen years of experience in software development ranging from Internet gaming to exo-atmospheric weapon systems. Destroyer Studios is based in southern Orange County , California .