David Heath, Director of Operations for Matrix Games, said “ Squad Assault : West Front is a cross-genre title because of its combination of excellent 3D visuals with realistic combined arms tactics. We decided that a demo would be the best way to let both wargamers and 3D combat fans experience what Squad Assault is all about.”
In the demo for Squad Assault: West Front, you command troops in both the Allied and German Armies of the West Front of World War II in an immersive full 3-D continuous time environment. Two scenarios are included along with online multi-player capability. In addition, this demo is based on the latest version of Squad Assault , which will also be released simultaneously in the form of an update later this week.
Rated 86% in the latest PC Gamer, Squad Assault: West Front is a riveting re-creation of World War II tactical combat. Once the battle starts, the virtual soldiers you command respond with real reactions to the combat situations around them. This psychological modeling combines with unsurpassed detail in terrain, weather, weapons, vehicles, and armor penetration.
The full game Squad Assault: West Front includes:
· Continuous time / Timed play World War II 3D strategy game
· Pausable (user defined or auto-paused)
· Company level tactical setting with the emphasis on small unit tactics.
· Detailed combat system
· Detailed armor models
· Play as Allies or Germans (allies include US, British, Canadian and French troops)
· Detailed psychological models
· Complete 3D world, fully deformable
· Detailed terrain model based on topographic maps of the real terrain
· Full 2D maps available at a keystroke to make battle overview simple and easy to view
· Multi-player action for head to head play
· Multiplayer Client Included
· Historical and hypothetical scenarios
· Operations and dynamic campaigns allow long replay ability (ships with 3 full campaigns)
· Scenario Editor
· Ships with easy to use Modinstaller (lets you swap mods with a mouse click!) Sample mods included
More information can be found at our web site http://www.matrixgames.com/games/squadassault/
ABOUT DAS ENTERTAINMENT
Dynamic Animation Systems' Entertainment Group ( DAS Entertainment ) is dedicated to bringing DAS Technology to the retail entertainment domain. We are currently developing Xbox and PC games loosely based on the U.S. Army's Objective Force concepts. By combining the high performance DAS Apex graphics engine technology, the DAS Force game engine, the power of the current generation of PC hardware and the real-world game play of Objective Force with other game concepts, DAS Entertainment will become a recognized player in the videogame industry. For more information, visit our website at http://www.d-a-s.com/entertainment .
ABOUT FREEDOM GAMES INC.
Freedom Games Inc., based in Baltimore Maryland , is a developer, marketer, and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the personal computer. Freedom Games is made up of eight industry veterans who have a combined total of 43 years of game development and production experience. For more information, visit the Freedom Games website at http://www.freedomgamesinc.com/ .
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2002, Matrix Games has published several award-winning games, including Korsun Pocket, Uncommon Valor and Eric Young's Squad Assault . Matrix Games is based in Woodbridge , New Jersey . For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at http://www.matrixgames.com/