Episode 05: Return Of The Marky

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

marky

Episode 05: Return Of The Marky

Post by marky »

a long time ago in a thread far far away......

due to a series of events in my life, i retired from gaming a while ago

im sure youre all still dying to know what the explanation is.... maybe... i dunno...

anyway....

a short time before i left, i was having problems in my relationship...
long story short, my gf of 2 years and 5 months left me on our anniversary for a guy she had known about 2 weeks. less than 2 weeks after that she jumped into bed with the guy and gave him her virginity after promising we would lose it to each other, because she was naive and stupid enuff to fall for everything he did.

yes u heard me right i m a virgin and i admit it, and im VERY glad i didnt lose it to her and you will see why...

obviously this screwed me up very badly, and for a while, i didnt care about anything, and i came closer to suicide than i ever have before.

i found out that she didnt give a frak about me and that she had been cheating over and over and in general "spreading" for random guys and getting drunk and in general being a slu*

this of course shocked and changed me, and alot of things have happened over the last 3 months

needless to say the last 3 months have been the longest, hardest and most painful in my life, and as i said i came damn close to ending my life.

somehow i muddled through with the help of some friends, and family

and knowing wat she had been up to behind my back helped in a strange way.

and theres alot more to say to try and explain it but its not really possible without a very long post here, and its not really explainable unless uve been spending time with me over the last few months, but suffice it to say she betrayed me in the worst possible way, broke my heart and screwed me up bad, which i still am.

i m alot better than i was before, but of course i will never be the same man i was.

so, now im a bit better, and ready to cum back to gaming

i originally thot that the gaming, and a cpl other things had driven her to make the choices she made, but i realized that it wasnt my fault, it was hers, she made the choices and she has to live with the consequences... i do not...

plus ive met up with an old female friend, which in the future may turn into sumthing[:)], but for now i m single, in order to do sum thinking, relaxing, vacationing, soul searching, and to do sum damage control before i m ready for another relationship, and of course, to try and mend wat if left of my broken heart

plus then on top of that i had a massive virus invasion, which forced me to wipe the hard drive, and start fresh, which is essentially copmplete...

long story short, the slu& can die a slow and painful death and burn in hell for all eternity[:)]

BTW, does any1 have a punching bag or sumthing that i can take sum rage out on?.......

so...

life goes on....

wild_Willie2

RE: Episode 05: Return Of The Marky

Post by wild_Willie2 »

Cheer up mate, my girlfriend of 4 years left for her parents today without saying IF she was coming back to our house(except for picking up her stuff).
It feels like crap (I should know), but life goes on.

I already made arrangements today to become a “mentor” for the FRESH Msc students at my university, hoping to pick up a new girl there (or at least fool around a bit).

Just get on the horse again, and start dating.

Good luck

Will try to call my (ex) girlfriend in a few minutes to see if I am single again (most probably)
In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

How about starting a game?
Created by the amazing Dixie
rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

Marky - welcome back.

Sorry you had such a rough time.

BTW, does any1 have a punching bag or sumthing that i can take sum rage out on?.......

You can always beat up some computerized ships!!

rroberson

Post by rroberson »

Sorry man...really. That being said...strap on your dauntless and get sink some flat tops...it is good for what ailes you.
marky

Post by marky »

im sorry to hear about that wild willie[:(]

and thanx guys, i do have a cpl lightsabers, which dont work anymore cuz ive been beating stuff up with them....

and she didnt even give a frak, all she cared about was herself, i was crying my eyes out talking to her, and she didnt even care, or shed ONE SINGLE tear

and on top of that she said she was doing "wat was best for both of us" = direct quote

stupid worthless useless naive disloyal arrogant ignorant slimy little slu8 piece of ##$%^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tho i alread have been dishing out sum pain on the Imperial Navy, last night[:'(]

chicks say we dont have feelings but thats bull, especially wen we get our hearts broken

as for PBEM, if u want 1 with me i need sum practice first lol, plus i need to whomp on the dumb AI....
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Hey, a computer game can be an excellent punching bag! [:D] I know whereof I speak!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Nikademus

Post by Nikademus »

women....or WitP.

Material for a new poll! [:D]
Toast

Post by Toast »

Sorry you've had such a difficult time. I actually know where you are coming from. My wife of seven years had an affair and I found out by having the wife of the man she was having an affair with show up on my doorstep with her two kids asking where my "better half" was. At the time I honestly didn't believe it and kept looking around for some of my wise-a$$ freinds to jump out of the bushes laughing. It was too much of a clicheed scene for it to be real. But it was all too real. That was 9 years ago and it does become easier. Wargaming certainly helped me get through the rough times. Time is the on;y thing to heal those wounds and a lot of times you don't feel like getting out or socialiuzing but sinking digital Jap carriers while maybe not too productive, takes your mind of feeling sorry for yourself and helps in a small way. Or at least it helped me. Good luck!
Feinder

Post by Feinder »

Now you just have to dig up the stylize "Marky" sig, that looked like it was probably done with your mouse in MS-Paint.

I missed it.

Welcome back.

But get the sig back please.

-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Feinder

Now you just have to dig up the stylize "Marky" sig, that looked like it was probably done with your mouse in MS-Paint.

I missed it.

Welcome back.

But get the sig back please.

-F-

Hey - it was there about 1/2 hour ago!!
marky

Post by marky »

im sorry to hear that toast[:(]

they say were bad but it seems theyre worse, and girls arent supposed to cheat theyre supposed to be loyal

as for my sig, i took it down cuz she helped me make it, and i already have way too many reminders of her, but ill prolly make another
pauk

Post by pauk »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

women....or WitP.

Material for a new poll! [:D]

poll - excellent idea![:)]

If you have to choose, your choice would be:

a) women
b) WiTP
c) Beer
d) none of above (I just surfed and found this wierd forum, i'm not alcoholic and i'm a gay)

Btw, Marky, welcome back[:)]
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

What planet are you from, Wisconsin?[:D]

The only way to keep a girl nowadays is with money! Lots of it![:D][:D][:D]

That loyalty and fidelity stuff is ancient history. Maybe back in Victorian times
it was true but not now.

Welcome to the 21st Century.[;)]

Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Halsey

What planet are you from, Wisconsin?[:D]

The only way to keep a girl nowadays is with money! Lots of it![:D][:D][:D]

That loyalty and fidelity stuff is ancient history. Maybe back in Victorian times
it was true but not now.

Welcome to the 21st Century.[;)]

Yeah, I think I got the last one. 22 years this year.... and I don't have a lot of money.
Created by the amazing Dixie
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

The straight laced honest girl is a rare find.[;)]

They are out there, and you won't find them at a tavern.[:D]

This is all Hitler's fault![:D]
If so many men worldwide weren't called up for duty in WWII, women would not have entered the workforce in such large numbers. Once they got a taste of equality, there was no going back.[;)]
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Yeah well, if the women weren't at work, we'd have to work that much harder. And then we'd have less time for the sparkling intellectualism of this forum! [:D][:D]
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

You are right. Up to a point.
If there wasn't a great number of women in the workforce, wages would be higher for men.[;)]

Womens wages are generally lower than mens. This means businesses employ women because they are cheaper.[;)] Thus taking jobs away from prospective males.

So many bodies can only do so many things. The market would be forced to pay higher wages because of a smaller male workforce available.[;)]

It's called an employees market.
Just like after the plague in medieval times. When it wiped out the blue collar laborers.[;)]

I would always find time to game.[:D]
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

ORIGINAL: Halsey

You are right. Up to a point.
If there wasn't a great number of women in the workforce, wages would be higher for men.[;)]

Womens wages are generally lower than mens. This means businesses employ women because they are cheaper.[;)] Thus taking jobs away from prospective males.

So many bodies can only do so many things. The market would be forced to pay higher wages because of a smaller male workforce available.[;)]

It's called an employees market.
Just like after the plague in medieval times. When it wiped out the blue collar laborers.[;)]

I would always find time to game.[:D]

It's a good thing there aren't any women around here. You'd be flamed extra crispy for that post. [X(]
Halsey

Post by Halsey »

This is a pretty safe forum for males.[:D]

Where's Rhondabrown? I'm sure she would have a thing or two to say.[;)]

Besides. What I've stated is the truth. Sometimes the truth hurts. A LOT![:D]

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”