Carriers in WPO

Post suggestions and discuss the scenario and database editors here.
nubbin77

Carriers in WPO

Post by nubbin77 »

I have WiTP and I am a little overwhelmed at the airpower and management of it in that game. I enjoy the fleet movement and carrier movement, but combined with the amount of airbases, I get a little distracted at some of the micromanagement.

WPO sounds perfect for what I'd rather focus on. I was wondering if it would be possible to mess with the editor and add a carrier or 2 to each side (with a full compliment of planes to each side with replacements ...as in planes from WITP.). Because I think as much as I am overwhelmed with the focus on airpower in WITP, I think I'd miss it if I didn't have any to deal with. Is this a possibility in the WPO engine, or does it not have such a capability?
Helpless

RE: Carriers in WPO

Post by Helpless »

ORIGINAL: nubbin77

I was wondering if it would be possible to mess with the editor and add a carrier or 2 to each side (with a full compliment of planes to each side with replacements ...as in planes from WITP.). Is this a possibility in the WPO engine, or does it not have such a capability?

Yes you can.

Check out GPW mod. Mike added tons of new toys, including extra CVs for both sides.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
nubbin77

Post by nubbin77 »

cool, thanks, I read about it.  Sounds good. Does that mod / scenerio work against the AI (at least in theory, I know it takes a long time to test vs. AI to see if the additions break it).

chuck

Post by chuck »

But following the GPW thread, it looks like it's PBEM only since the AI can't deal with it.

So what is the real skinny?

Chuk
Nothing kills like overkill...
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

I guess it is possible to have game against Allied AI in GPW. Japanese AI is screwed by additional mid ocean bases.

Otherwise even in stock scenarios AI is quite passive. In my last game against stock Jap-AI I made "mistake" by interciepting main invasion TF to PI, after that AI kept sitting in small bases in Luzon leaving Manila for fort expansion.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

Return to “Scenario Design”