City Assault Campaign Teaser

Discuss you ToS map designs made with the editor and post them here.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

Reliable Royce

City Assault Campaign Teaser

Post by Reliable Royce »

I couldn't help but tease you with a the intro to the campaign I'm developing... So far I have written the text to most of the 11 missions and have a rough drawing of these maps. I just now need to use the Map Editor and actually create them...

Royce
STORY:
Ah &leader, I’m glad you agreed to come to this meeting. Please take a seat. Cigar? Right, you never change… Always down to business. <Sigh> Fine. Hang on a second. Irene? Hold my calls for 10 minutes.

We have a special mission for the &squad. Not an easy assignment. To be honest the CO at division didn’t want to give this to you, but I made him realize that we have no choice. My other squads are currently committed to assignments and you’re the only mercenary team I trust.

We’ve learned that our enemy has some sort of Titan Weapon research facility located in the heart of Toronto. We don’t know what they are developing, but they’re definitely covering up something there. And they’re using heavy firepower to protect it. We tried to airdrop in twice but our ships were shot down before they could release their Titans. You and I both know that’s a terrible way to for a Jock to die… Not even seeing your enemy… Those poor sons-of-bit… Ahem.

We want you to make a run to Toronto without airdropping. You’ll have to go through a few cities to get there… its about 300 kilometres from your landing point… and make your way through the metropolis to locate and destroy the research base.

No. No. Don’t even try &leader. We don’t expect that you’ll be able to take the place in one piece… so just wreck it… It’s more important at the moment to stop any weapon development. We’ll get the science boys to dig up the rubble later when we can place more Titans in the area… Well that is if we can drive the invaders back far enough.

If you’re lucky you’ll find some facilities along the way. Maybe you can find the drop ships or our troops. Make sure you take out all the recon Titans along the way… That will keep the enemy in the dark for a little while, but eventually they’ll know you’re on your way and they will be prepared. Report on anything you learn about the invaders.

Good luck &leader.
Data corruption is unrecoverable encryption.
Reliable Royce

RE: City Assault Campaing Teaser

Post by Reliable Royce »

My fellow Canadian TOS players will recognize some of the cities that the campaign occurs [:)] such as:

North Bay, Burks Falls, Huntsville, Orillia, Barrie, Aurora, New Market, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, North York, and Toronto.

Most maps don't look exactly like the city, but have some of their character traits... Like the lake in Barrie, the large bridge (highway 11) in Burks Falls... and I've changed the Sky Dome into a research facility [:'(]

Royce
Coyote27

RE: City Assault Campaing Teaser

Post by Coyote27 »

Sounds fun!
-Coyote
Reliable Royce

RE: City Assault Campaign Teaser

Post by Reliable Royce »

Estimated Time of Arrival: Between Christmas and New Years! [8D]

11 maps of city based fun and mayhem. Ranging in size fropm 22x22 to 50x50.

It would have been done sooner, but I'm working on a project at work to roll out Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning System to all 10,000 people world wide and, as you can imagine, it's consuming a lot of my time at the moment. [;)]

The first 5 maps are fully complete (text, map drawings, events), the rest are in various stages of completion.

Royce
Bane_MatrixForum

Post by Bane_MatrixForum »

Sweet!! Looking forward to it!
Second to the Last Samurai...

"What do you think Abraham Lincoln would be doing if he were alive today? (1) Writing his memoirs of the Civil War. (2) Advising the President. (3) Desperately clawing at the inside of his coffin."
Rainbow7

Post by Rainbow7 »

North Bay, but no Timmins? Come on! I doubt my home town has ever shown up in a video game before, so this might be its only chance.
Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying
Reliable Royce

Post by Reliable Royce »

ORIGINAL: Rainbow
North Bay, but no Timmins?

I started with North Bay because its my home town... [:D]

Maybe I can squeeze it in... I can see a "Protect the Shania Twain billboard" mission...

Royce
Rainbow7

Post by Rainbow7 »

ORIGINAL: Reliable Royce

Maybe I can squeeze it in...

It would be the right thing to do. Think of it as your moral responsibility to the Great White North.

I can see a "Protect the Shania Twain billboard" mission...

Please, no. I'd rather have a "retrieve asset: Stompin' Tom Connors" mission.
Reliable Royce

Post by Reliable Royce »

Please, no. I'd rather have a "retrieve asset: Stompin' Tom Connors" mission.

Alright... I'll get "To It And At It". [:)]

Royce
Rainbow7

Post by Rainbow7 »

Okay, this is all making sense now. One of VB's programmers was Marga. And with a little poetic license, Stompin' Tom's song might have been "Marga's got the cargo, b'y, and Reggie's got rig." What other proof would you need to include Timmins? Okay, I'll stop here before I set a new low standard in logic.
Reliable Royce

Post by Reliable Royce »

OK, Timmins has been added as the first map of 12 now...

I did a simple map... in Polar terrain [:D]

Royce
Rainbow7

Post by Rainbow7 »

Fair enough. And thanks. Looking forward to it.
Reliable Royce

Post by Reliable Royce »

Hey Rainbow...

What is your favorite Heavy and Assault Titans (ones that came with the game...)?

Royce

Campaign: City Assault
Mission 2: North Bay

STORY:
You parked your Titans outside of the city and made a quick trip downtown to locate your contact.

Once you contacted him you returned to your Titans.

&mechanic: I'm surprised we've encountered only a few enemies...
&leader: I don't think we can be that lucky all the way to Toronto. Do you know if there are any facilities here?
Rainbow: No such luck. We have to travel further south before we will see enough industrial base to support factories like that.
&manager: Do you have any good news for us?
Rainbow: Yea, actually, if we're lucky we might be able to find some of my missing squad. They're a resourceful bunch and we could probably
use their help... Any I also hid my Titan around Newmarket... It needs repairs so I had to abandon it.
&leader: Alright, let's continue squad. Keep your eyes open.
Rainbow7

Post by Rainbow7 »

heh heh ... good stuff.

I'll have to take a close look at the databases. I've only ever played with a single squadron that's been slowly developed over the last year. So I don't have much experience with any of the original titans - mine are all modified versions of these originals:

Ancient Mariner, Devastator, Chaos, Mirage, Infiltrator, Bloodhound, and Gargoyle. And one short range flame thrower that I created from scratch.

Nothing original, I'm sure, but I have two long range units, two medium range units, and the rest are short range closers.
Reliable Royce

Post by Reliable Royce »

I'll have to take a close look at the databases. I've only ever played with a single squadron that's been slowly developed over the last year. So I don't have much experience with any of the original titans - mine are all modified versions of these originals:
I ended up using a Hepat.. Hape.. Hep... Some heavy with mostly Energy Weapons. [:'(]

I seem to be a victim of Project Scope creap. I keep adding new / more things to the current maps and that's put my way behind schedule. I planned to have these done over Christmas, but the additions made it a little larger than I expected.

I have all but three maps finished.

OK, what I can do is start releasing them so that people can start on the Campaign...

Royce
Reliable Royce

Post by Reliable Royce »

ORIGINAL: Reliable Royce
I ended up using a Hepat.. Hape.. Hep... Some heavy with mostly Energy Weapons. [:'(]
Hepatetus

Royce
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

You mean Hephaestus [:D]
Iceman

Return to “Titan's Map Room”