Highway to the Reich on windows 10

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: Arjuna

Jomi

Highway to the Reich on windows 10

Post by Jomi »

Hello friends :

I´m trying to run "httr" on Windows 10, It runs, but, the texts doesn´t appear correctly. Have I to add switches? How can I get a solution?

Thank you very much.
milkweg

RE: Highway to the Reich on windows 10

Post by milkweg »

I have the same issue but on Win8.1. Maybe it is a video driver issue. Newer drivers sometimes cause issues with older games. I use Nvidia and have the latest drivers installed. I've searched the web but can't find a fix yet, I will post it here if I do.
Jomi

Post by Jomi »

Thank you very much.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i'm more than willing to try this and any of these older games, just don't have access to them, pm if you like and i'll help out and test them
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

Thanks, but just hit upon a fix today. I scoured the Internet for a fix and no luck. Was thinking this is purely video driver related and remembered I have a small utility that allows me to change directx options, etc.

Played around with the options and got HTTR to display correctly. But because this utulity must launch the game to change the settings you can't use the resolution switch in the shortcut target to force a widescreen res so are limited to the resolution the game offers you on start up. There are options to force resolution in this utility but if you try to force it then the game pops up its own resolution switcher and won't let you run the game until you select one of its three resolutions.

The utility may have a way to force it but you will have to play around with it to find out.But I found out if you change certain options the game will not load at all so use my settings as below and it should work fine.

Download this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

Run it and go to edit then add. Enter name of game and select correct path and launch exe, which is HTTR.exe

Here are the settings I have in the tabs to make HTTR work:
Main tab:hook enabled, run in window, hook all dlls, xy coordinates
DirectX tab: directx9 version hook, emulation automatic,fast 2x bilinear, suppress directx common errors, auto primary surface refresh, set pixel texture format, fix ddraw refcount.

Some of these options will be enabled by default. After clicking ok to all your settings right click HTTR in the menu and select run, after the game asks you to choose a resolution it should run fine and display the menu options correctly. If it doesn't then try altering some options and try again. It should run fine though with the settings I said. I have had this utility for a while and use it to fix a couple of other old games and totally forgot I had it until today so tried it in HTTR and it worked.

Lock n Load has the new Panther CommandOps 2 games on sale over xmas right now so if you don't want to monkey around with HTTR as I have then just go buy HTTR2 from them for $17.99. You can dowlonad and install the base game for free which includes 3 scenarios a s a demo then you buy the different battle modules. I think In will buy Bastogne at $17.99 USD.

https://store.lnlpublishing.com/index.p ... &limit=100

Return to “Highway to the Reich Support”