Module 1, Scenario 2. Plan by Pergite!

Panther's War College is a venue to learn and share with fellow gamers the
command skills required to make you a great Panther Games armchair general.

Moderators: Arjuna, Real and Simulated Wars

Real and Simulated Wars

Module 1, Scenario 2. Plan by Pergite!

Post by Real and Simulated Wars »

Editor's note: Note the format of the timings.

Attachments
Timetable..advance.jpg
Timetable..advance.jpg (176.32 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Pergite!

RE: Module 1, Scenario 2. Plan by Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

Posting the plan that somehow went missing

Ground

(Some random thoughts really)
The terrain offers a variety of canalizing terrain and the Bn progress will be much in the hands of what opposition that awaits along the roads. Numerous built up areas and river crossings can also become serious roadblocks if wll defended. The highground in the middle of the map can if the weather allows it offer good observations. The broken terrain on these hills will however hinder mobility. The scattered forests around MIDDLETOWN will also force my forces to make detours in order to link up.

1. SITUATION

Enemy forces

Most likely the reconnaissance elements of a mechanized brigade.

Most Probable Course of Action:

That the enemy assembles defensive positions in MIDDLETOWN and/or NORTTOWN

Most Dangerous Course of Action:

That the enemy brigade arrives early and that the enemy recon elements are too dug in for us to neutralize, due to our lack of heavy support weapons. That the enemy recon elements are so many that particular routes for enemy counterattack are impossible to singel out.

Friendly Forces
9th Bn HQ, 1/9 AC Coy, 2/9 AC Coy, 3/9 Krad Coy, 4/9 Hvy Wpns Coy, Mot AT plts

Higher units concept of operations

Clear routes of approach to Middletown and Northtown and don’t let the enemy assemble defensive positions in these towns. Observe particularly for routes the enemy will be using for his counterattack. (b) Coordination of time. Omitted.

2. MISSION:

9th Recon Bn will split into two KG and advance north on roads in order to find and fix the main elements of the enemy defense. Once the enemy schwerpunkt is established, the battalion will join up and neutralize it

3. EXECUTION

My intent is to split my forces into two kampfgruppen (KG) in order to cover all the major roads leading N-S in the area. Own caslulties will be held to a minmum and contact with the enemy will be held on our terms.
If at any point opposition is encoutered that cannot be neutralized, then bypass that postion and use alternetive route. Avoid at all cost that the enemy isolates our forces, always strive for mobility and freedom of movement. If a strong enemy counterattack is encountered, then aim to disrubt that effort and then withdraw

When the main effort of the enemy is encountered the two KG´s will join up and coordinate a battallion strenght assault. My aim is to have conducted enough recon to be able to launch this attack early D2.

The disred endstate is when 9th Recon Bn have disrupted (if enemy are weak: Neutralized) enemy strongpoints in MIDDELTOWN and/or NORTHTOWN, and that there are at least one stretch of road leading S-N to NORTHTOWN that is recced.

Tasks to Maneuver Units.

Commanders notes;
I have for this scenario disregarded writing any actual otders, but instead tried to construct a sort of timetable for the operation combined with routes for the different units to take (overlay 1). This search for the enemy and clearing of roads will grind to a halt when heavy oppostion is encountered. I have five parallel roads running over the map for my forces to link up on and they might have to join forces sooner than later if the opposition is stiff. The timetable is just a rough estimate I did, and it will be interesting to see afterwards the speed of the actual advance as a comparison.

010500 Bn moves to S SOUTHTOWN

010530 Bn probes SOUTHTOWN

Bn splits into:
KG EBER (9 Rec Bn HQ, 2/9 AC Coy, 3 Krad Coy, Mot AT Plt)
KG LUCHS (1/9 AC Coy, 4/9 Hvy Wpns Coy)

010700 KG EBER probes along road 2 km N in order to clear the forest edge of potenrial ambush sites.

010900 KG EBER probes along road 2 km N in order to clear the forest edge of potenrial ambush sites.

011100 KG EBER setup defensive position along ridge an observe valley and YELLOW
RIVER crossings.

011200 (if crossings are clear) Moves along highway N to last crossing

011300 Mot AT Plt occupies crossing, rest of KG EBER probes along road towards S MIDDLETOWN, move until contact, maintain contact until strenght of enemy is determined. Then withdraw S join up wih Mot AT Plt and reorganize.

011700 KG EBER moves and returns S along highway and turn E onto minor road heading NE

012000 KG EBER reorganizes at intersection, Mot AT Plrt defends position.

012100 KG EBER (-Mot AT plt) advance and probes against MIDDLETOWN on E road over YELLOW RIVER crossing. Move until contact, maintain contact until strenght of enemy is determined. Then withdraw E join up wih Mot AT Plt and reorganize.

020000 KG EBER begin advance along road N and crosses YELLOW RIVER and moves towards SAWVILLE..

020400 KG EBER occupy SAWVILLE and reorganizes. Preparing advance and probe of NORTHTOWN SW suburbs.

020800 KG EBER (-Mot AT plt) reaches NORTHTOWN. Move into the town until contact, maintain contact until strenght of enemy is determined, then withdraw to SAWTOWN and await further orders.

KG LUCHS

010700 KG LUCHS probes along road last two 2 km leading into ANVILLE in order to clear the forest edge of potenrial ambush sites and the village itself.

010900 KG LUCHS advance along road N towards YELLOW RIVER crossing. Then probes over the crossing and into PLIERVILLE. Clear the town and reorganize.

011100 KG LUCHS advance from PLIERVILLE N, probes along the 2km part of the road that is flanked by forests, then move on up to the highground and broken terrain.

011500 KG LUCH reorganizes at GREEN RIVER crossing. Awaits further orders. Prepares advance E toward MIDDLETOWN or N toward SE suburbs of NORTHTOWN via EASTTOWN.

4. SERVICE SUPPORT

As per SOP

5. COMMAND AND SIGNAL

9th Recon Bn HQ will lead and advance with KG EBER. Commander 1/9 AC Coy will lead and advance with KG LUCHS.
Real and Simulated Wars

Post by Real and Simulated Wars »

Pergite:

I publicly apologize to you for missing your text in this thread. The text was in your e-mail, entirely my fault not posting it.[:o]

I see you updated your plans for scenario 1 with figures. I didn't receive those figures in my e-mail.

Sorry man and I hope this doesn't disencourage your valuable future contributions! [:)]

Julio

Pergite!

Post by Pergite! »

I publicly apologize to you for missing your text in this thread. The text was in your e-mail, entirely my fault not posting it.[:o]

No need to apologize, its I who need to thank you for your effort instead! Good work, looking forward to the next episode ;)

Return to “Panther War College”