Welcome

Your place to ask about and discuss scenario design and modding.

Moderator: Arjuna

Arjuna

Welcome

Post by Arjuna »

Welcome to the COTA Scenario Design and Modding Forum. If you have a question, suggestion or notice about new maps, scenarios or mods for COTA then this is the place for you.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Tactics

RE: Welcome

Post by Tactics »

Messing with the sounds, again.  Is the vssver.scc file preventing me from tinkering?
CriticalMass

RE: Welcome

Post by CriticalMass »

Hi Tatics,

no that's a source control file - from Visual SourceSafe (VSS) to be exact. It will not have any affect on the game and in fact I should imagine it's inclusion is an oversight. This file I believe contains information on who has writes to a particular file and the version it is compared to repository/database. What might be happening (I don't have the files in front of me) is that the files maybe write protected - this is a function of VSS also, and prevents files being worked on by multiple developers (DO NOT MERGE! developer mantra here where I work).

Probably in the eagerness to release (and I can assure you there was a great deal of activity in that regards) these files (vssver.scc) were inadvertently left in. It's easy enough to change a files protection attributes.

I must day, a lot of praise must be lauded at the team that has delivered us such an excellent (in both game play and stability) product. We owe them more than most will ever know: I've seen them in action and they are a great bunch of people.

TANX
Andrew
I decided to ignore my orders and to take command at the front with my own hands as soon as possible
- Lieutenant General Erwin Rommel

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”