PCWinterstorm and PCKharkov (Questions?)

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
ceb2

PCWinterstorm and PCKharkov (Questions?)

Post by ceb2 »

I recently got back into PCKharkov, as its' my only turn-based RTS. I'm really enjoying this title again.

I finally purchased PCWinterstorm and I'm waiting its' arrival by mail.

Just want clarification on the install procedure:

I'll uninstall PCKharkov first and then install Winterstorm. I notice there is a patch available for Winterstorm, I assume I should use the patch before installing Kharkov?

Next, I'll install Kharkov and apply it's patch.

Is this the correct procedure? Just want to make sure I haven't missed anything. I understand Winterstorm reaps the improvements from Kharkov after I suppose is a merge of the two games? Does the desktop still show an icon for each game or is that combined into one? Thanks.
Ceb
junk2drive

RE: PCWinterstorm and PCKharkov (Questions?)

Post by junk2drive »

You are somewhat correct. You do not need to patch Winterstorm after you install it.
Uninstall K, install OWS, then install K and update. The PCK install simply checks to see that OWS is installed, then unlocks the winter content, with the new features, in PCK.

Edit: Remove your shortcut to OWS, use the one for PCK.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
ceb2

Post by ceb2 »

junk2drive,

Thanks for the quick reply. All is clear and all systems will be a go.
Ceb
=NF=Ruz Skullen

Post by =NF=Ruz Skullen »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

You are somewhat correct. You do not need to patch Winterstorm after you install it.
Uninstall K, install OWS, then install K and update. The PCK install simply checks to see that OWS is installed, then unlocks the winter content, with the new features, in PCK.

AH, this is what I was looking for, this will unlock the winter content for both these games using the K game right?
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: =NF=Ruz Skullen

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

AH, this is what I was looking for, this will unlock the winter content for both these games using the K game right?

That is correct!

Rick!

Return to “Tech Support”