Laws of physics and Capital Ships

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
Diabolico

Laws of physics and Capital Ships

Post by Diabolico »

I know how to blow up any capital ship on guns only.
Milo, you are a Genius!!! It is incredible what you can do with the laws of physics.
In fact, by hovering too close to a Capital Ship and sticking very close to it, you can actially search for the "week spot" where the shields are less protective and relatively quickly, gunnning down that/those exact point(s) untill the ship is destroyed.
BTW, bring a Harpoon for the final blow, as if close you will surely be desintegrated by the capital ship's explosion.
Please check the pics :

Attachments
carrierbuster.jpg
carrierbuster.jpg (69.09 KiB) Viewed 216 times
Diabolico

... and this is what it looks like :

Post by Diabolico »

interesting, isn't it?[:D]

Attachments
carrierbuster2.jpg
carrierbuster2.jpg (58.61 KiB) Viewed 194 times
DamoclesX

RE: ... and this is what it looks like :

Post by DamoclesX »

lol....

I would so open a window and chuck a nuke at you

even if it took me out too lol
Jason Blaz
Way to much to list here!
Vjolt

RE: Laws of physics and Capital Ships

Post by Vjolt »

yea, i do that too. Whats real good is flying into the carriers flight deck and coming to a stop. Then all the enemy ships shoot at you and get the carrier and you can shoot the carrier without shields interfearing. And with frigates you just gotta stay below them and they wont be able to shoot you.. Also if you get nice and close you go past the shields and your guns arent affected by 'em. Its so fun aint it. I agree with Damo too, if i was on their Id throw something out a window or run onto the flight deck and pry the pilot out (even though its impossible)
Rehab is For Quitters...
Burzmali

Post by Burzmali »

Yeah, overall capships seem to be sorely lacking in effective point defense weapons. When I can get a guns kill on a starbase, something needs a little tweaking!
Sardaukar 138

Post by Sardaukar 138 »

Call me old fashioned, but my preferred "point defense" is my hull. If a fighter ever tried that on me, he'd soon find himself splatter ed over my hullplates like so many insects on cars. Same goes for fighting frigates and certain destroyers in the Carrier: If I'm desperate/in a hurry, I just use the launch bay to "swallow" them, cackle maniacally, and then majesticaly swing upward and watch as they are slammed into the floorplates and explode. Of course, the ship's left spinning for a bit with the manuevering thrusters offline...
"Strange game. The only winning move is not to play." - W.O.P.R.
Voyager

Post by Voyager »

I would think a fighter blowing up in the flight bay would cause... problems...  Of course, probably not as much as an attack plane dropping bombs in the flight bay, but six of one half dozen of the other, I suppose.

Return to “After Action Reports”