about a CFL collaboration

Anything that comes to mind that you would like to see in future versions of Maximum-Football.

Moderator: David Winter

wheeljack12

about a CFL collaboration

Post by wheeljack12 »

I had a thought. I think it's time for the game ( and I am directing this at David Winter) to be marketed to the next level. You seem to have a good gamer base including myself But word of mouth and limited advertising can only get you so far. No direspect to Matrix games as I would imagine you want to be involved in the process too. What my suggestion or wish is to demo this game again at CFL stadiums like you did when it was in alpha or beta (I can't remember which stage it was in.) But those who don't remember, David had the game demoed at Ivor Wynne back in around 2003ish at the labour day Ticats/argos game. He got permission from the league to use the Ticat and argo uniforms. It looked real good on the Tigervision too. I would also see if you can sell physical copies of the game at the stadiums. You wouldn't have to produce a large quantity of the product, just enough to see if there is interest. The CFL nation and league have been in need of a game and your's is the only one that has Canadian Content. You may even want to start showing the game to the league offices and team owners. See if you can a fair deal to license your game with a CFL expansion pack. That would even give more cash for future development since the buyer would have to buy the game and the pack to enjoy a CFL game. I know you have the priority to finish version 3 but could really spark the game to a level only one could dream of. Rememeber, this game is not CFL 99 where it became somewhat of a bust because you didn't have the backing of a publisher and marketing to help bring cash for the game. This game is a seller and I want to see it go further than it is now. I watched this game go from nothing into a good game along with hearing David's heartaches and having naysayers (trolls) try to stop him from doing what he loves. I am just one who wants the best for this product.
Mykal

RE: about a CFL collaboration

Post by Mykal »

All of your points whilst good are pretty mute

production of the game has already stopped, david and matrix have as best I know parted ways
updates/ expansion packs ceased about a year ago

what we have, is what we have and the fan base will slowly wither and die....... which is sad but inevatable.

will 3 ever happen........ will anyone even want to chance purchasing it
(after the problems from the past and the way 2.9 was just dumped after so many false promises ????)
Tullius

Post by Tullius »

@ wheeljack12

In these days it is the best to write direct to David Winter because i have some doubts that he is reading the boards.
mudrick

Post by mudrick »

I know this has been beaten to death, but I think this would be a good time to bring it up.

Your suggestions are fine. But if you truly want the fan base to grow, the game has to have head to head play. That is first, then you advertise it to death. Without it, you are limiting the market greatly.

Return to “Suggestions / Wishlist”