Amphib Ops As Germany?

From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations.
Lrfss

Amphib Ops As Germany?

Post by Lrfss »

I can't seem to get the Germans in early '42 to conduct any landings at all? I purchase the Amphib points and the units load up and leave the map and are then in port as AP's of course. Then I move them into a Sea Zone holding area located in the zone I wish to land troops and wait a turn assuming that's needed, then I try and land them via the "Fleet Screen" in hostile turf though not occupied coastal hex, which I can't as the only opitions that pop up to allow movement to are my own controlled ports or other Sea Zone holding area's? What am I missing here on this? There is no option to land on any hex at all period? I'm sure I'm missing something here that's prob simple... Please help & thanks in advance! This is my first time trying any Amphib stuff...
Lrfss

RE: Amphib Ops As Germany?

Post by Lrfss »

Ok, I figured it out, the manual and concept was not very clear but through hardcore effort I got it eventually!
sushidog

Post by sushidog »

I got similarly stuck. Can you explain how the penny dropped for you?
Tomokatu

Post by Tomokatu »

The final landing from a safe sea zone is not done through the Fleet Screen.
In the normal map view, select a coastal hex and you'll find that the small amphibious landing icon lights up. If you hover the pointer over the unlit icon, there will be a hint at the top of the screen about what you haven't done yet. Use the same technique to place Mulberries.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Return to “WW2: Time of Wrath”