New comprehensive mod - STORM

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.

Moderator: doomtrader

gwgardner

RE: New comprehensive mod - STORM

Post by gwgardner »

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

gwgardner,
send me a save game, we will take a look at that
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

slaytanic

Post by slaytanic »

I just ran AI vs AI past that date and Ger occupying Belgium and Holland and nothing like this happened. Must be tough luck...
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Do you have any interest in making a Barbarossa campaign STORM scenario?

On the other hand, I could get the added FOW effects of the mod by simply using your counters and your gui_xxx.png, no?

[later]

Here's a Barbarossa of a different color. No attack factors, no odds shown. Yeah, I know I'll slice through the Soviet border forces like butter, and they will suffer shock, but it's not going to be immediately obvious when they overcome that shock.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (118.49 KiB) Viewed 550 times

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

gwgardner,
you are playing only as Netherlands, and you have been beaten by Germans, so the game ends for you because there are no more countries controlled by human player, so everything works just fine.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Found that a house rule, not to use the 'L' hotkey, will be necessary with STORM, if the no reinforcement feature is to be adhered to.

I can't quite see the rationale for the no reinforcement feature. A unit in foreign territory can't be reinforced completely in one turn. Every turn it reinforces, it loses all action points. And for every reinforcement there is a heavy cost in experience.

Since merge doesn't work for air units, the only way to 'reinforce' air units is to build new ones. Seems rather ahistorical to have to build whole new units, as opposed to dribbling in reinforcements to air units a few strength points a turn.

Similarly for armored corps - I suspect that players will be forced to go to divisions instead of corps. Building a completely new corps is a huge expense.

I'd rather see a mod to the mod, allowing reinforcements.

Great mod, though!

[later] just a followup on reinforcing: example of the Germans on the Eastern Front, to fully reinforce a depleted unit, or even to upgrade it from division to corps, or inf to mechanized, etc, requires as much as five weeks. 1) disengage and move to railhead, 2)RR to home territory, 3)perform the upgrade or reinforcement, 4) RR back to the proximity of the front, 5) move to the front. Seems like a reasonable refit time.

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Had a chance to install the mod, using GWGardner's suggestion of having a separate game installations. Having several versions of the game on the HDD certainly allows plenty of choice, as I still have the original game to continue and now the 'reality mod' and 'Beta 2' to experiment with.

Thanks for all the work this must have taken.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Will the mod be OK to use in 1.03 ?
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Design and Modding”