Status of this game?

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is a 3D turn-based tactical game where players take command of infantry squads to engage the enemy in intense close combat. Although the combat system is turn-based, the game play can be as fast paced and dynamic as you'd like. Dynamic turns, counter actions and continual feedback keep you constantly engaged while still giving you enough time to make important decisions to change the course of battle!

Moderator: nomet

bairdlander2

RE: Status of this game?

Post by bairdlander2 »

It sucks balls
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

OK, I'll bite, what's APOS? (Besides A piece of sh_t?) :D
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
budd

Post by budd »

Achtung Panzer Operation Star

One thread down[;)]
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Xerkis

Post by Xerkis »

Oh look, a patch is out for Team Assault – just like I said all along there would be.
I guess all those “nay-sayers” that were talking about Zeal dropping the game were. . . . what’s the word . . . .  Oh yeah . . . . . “Wrong”
[:D]

mbar

Post by mbar »

Well la dee da. Game still crashes when viewing tutorials. It's a nice start but has a way to go.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

At least you didn't buy Gettysburg: Armored Warfare. I didn't either, but TA is a good diversion.

LOL.

When I first saw that title I rubbed my eyes, looked again, then rubbed my eyes once more and closed my browser...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: gunnergoz

OK, I'll bite, what's APOS? (Besides A piece of sh_t?) :D

Are you kidding me? Best East Front 3D game ever built. If you don't have it in your stable (right alongside Decisive Campaigns Case Blue), then you are missing out big time.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Xerkis

Oh look, a patch is out for Team Assault – just like I said all along there would be.
I guess all those “nay-sayers” that were talking about Zeal dropping the game were. . . . what’s the word . . . .  Oh yeah . . . . . “Wrong”
[:D]

Have they done anything since though..no..reason they are with paradox and have Game of Dwarfs..TA was a minor failure and as I said it's very unlikely to get long term support. I'm pleased you get a patch or if your lucky two to fix the odd bug..but nothing groundbreaking. I expect they will feel obligated to do any quick fixes as they want people to buy future Zeal games. I admire your obvious love for the game..but sadly to me and I'm sure others it just isn't good enough and I wonder about certain game design decisions. I'm not really a graphics man as long as the game has great gameplay and comes across like the developers pushed the boat out as far as ambition and gameplay goes, to me TA neither looks that good nor does it shine enough in it's ambition or design. It could have been something great..but it isn't.

The new "Legends..." game looks similar but at least looks good, though it's only for consoles..

Return to “Team Assault: Baptism of Fire”