Amphibious assaults

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: doomtrader

Brooksie55

Amphibious assaults

Post by Brooksie55 »

Had a few goes at this one. One aspect I couldnt work out. I managed to load troops onto transports and took my fleet to the sea zone to invade Norway. Declared war and built up amphibious assault points. Went to 5/5 not sure how many you do need. However couldnt find a way to assault the coast. The manual suggests that I can assault an enemy hex but I couldnt find the tab/button etc to do that. Gave up and unloaded them back at my friendly port.

Probably missing something simple?
Brooksie
doomtrader

RE: Amphibious assaults

Post by doomtrader »

Hi,

take a look at this thread:
tm.asp?m=3174636
Brooksie55

Post by Brooksie55 »

Thanks, that was clear. Dont remember seeing the disembark button to assault the coast although it was clear for me to unload in a friendly port.
Brooksie
Brooksie55

Post by Brooksie55 »

I am perplexed. I followed the link. It is clear but the disembark button doesn't show up. I select the fleet, I select the transport but there is no disembark button. Does it matter that I have more than one transport in my fleet?
Brooksie
Brooksie55

Post by Brooksie55 »

If this helps. When I hover the curso overe the greyed out sisembark button it shows; Disembarking not possible, no free space. Port and adjacent hexes are occupied by other units or are not friendly controlled. I know the hexes arent controlled by enemy units as I have reconned the area.
Brooksie
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

If you would like to make an amphibious assault (in other words, land directly on the enemy beaches), you have to move your land unit next to the friendly port.
Load unit onto amphibious transport.
Then new vessel will appear in the port.
On the next turn You can move the vessel to the sea zone adjacent to the beach you wish to land at.
Then select the fleet, select the vessel and hit disembark.

Remember there is a difference between Amphibious crafts and Troop Transporters
Brooksie55

Post by Brooksie55 »

My fault. Thanks for the information. Your right I was loading on a transport. Thanks again.
Brooksie

Return to “The War Room”