The Aussie 39th Battalion 1942

After action reports/During Action Reports on your SP:WaW battels!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

KG Erwin

The Aussie 39th Battalion 1942

Post by KG Erwin »

(As an experiment, this short six-month series was created using the Campaign Generator.)

The 39th Infantry Battalion is a militia unit, sent to Port Moresby in January 1942. After the CO took ill, I was appointed to relieve him. In July we were sent north to oppose a Japanese advance. The MG Company was disbanded in order to bring the Rifle Companies up to strength.

My command consists of four rifle companies (A-D). We have a limited AT capability, with each platoon possessing a Boys ATR and a few AT mines. We have no motor transport at all. Our supplies are transported by native carriers and mules. Apart from two 3-in mortars, our only fire support comes from each platoon's light 2-in mortar. Our total strength is approx. 450 men.

We deploy across a 3000-yard front, which is jungled and crossed by two east-west trails. We are stretched thinly, which is putting it mildly. My "defense line" is nothing more than a series of section-sized outposts, which had to be done to prevent Japanese infiltration. Sections equipped with ATRs cover either side of the trails.

It is reported that the Japanese force exceeds 1000.

The commanders:

A Coy -- Cpt Symington
B Coy -- Cpt Templeton
C Coy -- Cpt Dean
D Coy -- Cpt Bidstrup

Note: OMG, once again, I went through 22 turns and the Japanese never moved away from the edge of the map! [:@]

Does the Campaign Generator regularly screw up like this? OK, no more using generated campaigns -- dang, it would've been a good one.

Return to “SPWaW AAR/DAR”