How to modify Campaign Scenarios or adjust play balance

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and modding.
Loggy

How to modify Campaign Scenarios or adjust play balance

Post by Loggy »

When you start up the scenario editor you are only presented the files located in the /data/scenarios folder for editing. I wanted to adjust the play balance in the campaign but was unable to initially do this. There is a work around though for editing those campaign scenario files. Just do the following:

1. Under the /data folder create a new folder called "Original".
2. Copy all of the files from the /data/campaign folder to the new "Original" folder. Do NOT neglect to do this step!! This will ensure you have an unchanged copy of the original files in case you mess up.
3. Now copy all of the secarios files (files ending with an extension of .scn) and the image files (files ending with .tif) to the /data/scenarios file.
4. You can now edit those campaign scenarios.
5. When you have completed the editing process for a campaign scenario just copy that file ending with .scn back into the /data/campaigns folder so as to ovwerwrite the existing file of the same name.

That's all there is to it.

I used this method to in the "Operation Barbarossa - Germany" caampign to adjust the core forces size in the "Bialystok.scn" file to something a little more realistic then what was originally given.
cracker

RE: How to modify Campaign Scenarios or adjust play balance

Post by cracker »

hello i did all the steps what do you use for editing ive tried notepad but al i see are lines please help because it would be nice i wish they made it like commader europe at war that was easier to change if you can just tell me after all senarios are in data/senario folder and what to change if i can for prestige or money thanks and also core units
Ronald Wendt

Changing turns

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,
ORIGINAL: overthehill64

hello i did all the steps what do you use for editing ive tried notepad but al i see are lines please help because it would be nice i wish they made it like commader europe at war that was easier to change if you can just tell me after all senarios are in data/senario folder and what to change if i can for prestige or money thanks and also core units

After you copied the scenario(s) you want to change into the "scenarios" folder, you start the editor from the main menu. Then you load the very scenario and click on "Scenario". The tab "Map" contains the turns a player needs to win the map. Increasing every victory by one or two days/turns will make things a lot easier.

Attachments
Changingturns.jpg
Changingturns.jpg (705.55 KiB) Viewed 221 times
Ronald Wendt

Changing resources

Post by Ronald Wendt »

To change the resources on a map you click on "Scenario" then on "Players" down in the left corner are the resources you get per turn. The figure to the right is the number of the turn. On the screenshot you get 50 resources in the 1. turn. The arrows toggle through the turns, resources have to be typed in, range is from 0-9999.

Attachments
Changingresources.jpg
Changingresources.jpg (721.28 KiB) Viewed 221 times
cracker

RE: Changing resources

Post by cracker »

thank you ronald i have a question if you see it here do you know if there going to make a game like this or strategic command type but using modern warfare us vs russia or something like that just curious and thanks again
Ronald Wendt

RE: Changing resources

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,
ORIGINAL: overthehill64

thank you ronald i have a question if you see it here do you know if there going to make a game like this or strategic command type but using modern warfare us vs russia or something like that just curious and thanks again

You are welcome.

As to the question if we work on a new game dealing with modern US-Russia conflict, i can only say that we will announce a new project when it reaches a certain state.
So no matter what we are working on, there has still some work to be done until we will talk about it.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”