Rate Grand Strategic games

In this elegant turn-based strategy game, compelling gameplay combines with gripping history to create an addictive mix. Aimed at all levels, from those who have never played a wargame before to those who know the history of World War II in detail, this is an entertaining and mentally challenging game of combined arms strategy. Your armor, infantry, artillery and air units will follow you through the most crucial battles of the Eastern Front. You will be able to choose from 47 different upgrades and improvements for your units as well as add new forces based on your success in the campaign. Take command in two German and one Soviet campaign as well as individual scenarios and determine the fate of the Eastern Front.

Moderators: Ronald Wendt, RalfZenker

demyansk

Rate Grand Strategic games

Post by demyansk »

So many startegic games out there. Op barbarossa, time of wrath, str command global conflict.

I was wondering what do you think is most complex and easiest. I dont want to purchase an easy game. So, is op barbarossa easier than time of wrath?

Opinions matter and I want to buy another one.
vonRocko

RE: Rate Grand Strategic games

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: demjansk

So many startegic games out there. Op barbarossa, time of wrath, str command global conflict.

I was wondering what do you think is most complex and easiest. I dont want to purchase an easy game. So, is op barbarossa easier than time of wrath?

Opinions matter and I want to buy another one.
Hi demjansk, I'll give you my opinion. Op barbarossa is not a strategic game. Time of wraith and SC global conflict are similar in complexity, but for me, sc global conflict is the better game. Not only does it look better, but the game mechanics are more transparent. Tow has many random events with choices to make, but you rarely know what the choices do. Matrix also has CEAW which I really enjoy. IMHO I would take SC global conflict or CEAW before tow.
Have fun!
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

CEAW or TOW, neither have DRM schemes. Just your serial and off you go...
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
warishere

Post by warishere »

I was wondering what do you think is most complex and easiest

Strategic Command. Its really easy to catch on to the complex gameplay mechanics of SC.

Return to “Operation Barbarossa: The Struggle for Russia”