2 , no 3, questions on new supply rules

This forum is for feedback on any Public Beta updates. Feedback and issues related to official releases should go in the Support forum. All Beta version feedback and issues should go here.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

ogar

2 , no 3, questions on new supply rules

Post by ogar »

With the new supply rules, I understand that the distance from the supply point is calculated using a virtual motorized supply unit and that there's a 50% density weight to the hexes on the supply path. Does the presence of an actual unit with traffic control abilities (like a HQ or MP unit) affect the supply distance ? I suspect not, but am not sure.

And another question -
under the new rules is the supply radius expressed in MPs similar to the supply distance ? I think it has to be, but again I want to make sure I understand the impact. (Old supply rules explicitly state both distance and radius are hexes.)

And 3 :
In the what's new document, there's a nice example of the use of a supply unit limiting the decrease in supply to a unit. The key point is that the unit is within the supply radius of the supply unit and that the supply unit is within 2 supply radii of the supply point (aka 'the supply circles overlap for point and supply unit').

What's the effect of 2 or more supply units -- placed so that their radii overlap all the way back to the supply point ? Does the amount of supply pushed through to the last supply unit's radius appear as though it originated from the supply point itself, or is there a decrement per supply unit ?

Thanks in advance.
Telumar

RE: 2 , no 3, questions on new supply rules

Post by Telumar »

ORIGINAL: ogar

With the new supply rules, I understand that the distance from the supply point is calculated using a virtual motorized supply unit and that there's a 50% density weight to the hexes on the supply path. Does the presence of an actual unit with traffic control abilities (like a HQ or MP unit) affect the supply distance ? I suspect not, but am not sure.
[....]
under the new rules is the supply radius expressed in MPs similar to the supply distance ? I think it has to be, but again I want to make sure I understand the impact. (Old supply rules explicitly state both distance and radius are hexes.)

The new supply radius is in MPs. About traffic control units i am not sure. As the virtual supply unit pays no additional MPs it won't have an effect as a single unit measure.
But in reducing traffic density for supply purposes in overloaded hexes it has.
And 3 :
In the what's new document, there's a nice example of the use of a supply unit limiting the decrease in supply to a unit. The key point is that the unit is within the supply radius of the supply unit and that the supply unit is within 2 supply radii of the supply point (aka 'the supply circles overlap for point and supply unit').

What's the effect of 2 or more supply units -- placed so that their radii overlap all the way back to the supply point ? Does the amount of supply pushed through to the last supply unit's radius appear as though it originated from the supply point itself, or is there a decrement per supply unit ?

Thanks in advance.

Good question, I asked this myself.. :)
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

Sure. It will lower the MP cost to get through that hex.
And another question -

In MPs.
And 3 :

Thanks in advance.

There is still no provision for combining the effects of multiple supply units. However, at least both supply units would remain functional in the above case. Previously, one would actually be disabled.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Panama

Post by Panama »

No Red Ball Express. :(
ogar

Post by ogar »

Thanks for all the replies.

As I said, I just wanted to be sure I understood things.

Panama,
yeah, I'm heartbroken, too. But so it goes, but at least I will not waste time trying to make a chain of supply units when it will not help the situation (past the first one).

Return to “Public Beta Feedback”