Adding new scenarios

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.

Moderator: Jason Petho

toolsey62

Adding new scenarios

Post by toolsey62 »

Hello
Please can someone help me I am trying to add new scenarios to my copy of JTCS series game , I have it patched to the latest 2.02 version and it’s great but when I have downloaded new scenarios from the forum such as Arracourt and Crete also East front which are for the latest patch I have a problem and they won’t run , I have the files in their different folders such as West Front or East front they show up in the scenario selector but when they start after picking the side to play the error comes up saying invalid format .
Does anybody know how to fix thank you , my machine is a win 10 .
Jason Petho

Re: Adding new scenarios

Post by Jason Petho »

I would recommend the following procedures when adding new scenarios, as some scenario may have been built with previous versions, leaving them unable to open in the scenario editor of the latest version.

1. Remove any non-stock scenarios (org,map,scn,bmp files)

2. Add one custom scenario (and associated files) at a time.

3. Open the file in the scenario editor to see if it loads.

4. Save the file.

5. Launch the game and see if the custom scenario opens in the game.

6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 for other custom scenarios.
toolsey62

Re: Adding new scenarios

Post by toolsey62 »

Thanks Jason will try that
I was under the impression that Alan Arvold’s scenarios were for the latest patch , in any case will try what you say , thanks for making this game a fantastic Wargame I have purchased the other 2 games in the series Vietnam and Middle East , what I really am excited about is the upcoming EF3 which will be based on the start of Barbarossa.
As a matter of interest I watched Little wars tv on U Tube concerning the battle of Arracourt 1944 using 6mm models at roughly the same scale as JTCS as each single base of vehicle / figures was platoon strength and then when I read about Arracourt from Alan Arvold ,I really want to game this campaign.
Regards

Return to “John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support”