What if ? About different starts

Ageod’s upcoming strategy game España: 1936 covers the entire Spanish Civil War from 1936-1939. With more than 200 regions, cities, roads, weapons factories, weather types, factions and sub-factions it is one of the few games to ever examine the period.
Josans

What if ? About different starts

Post by Josans »

Hello,

Good work in the Project. Difficult and surprised also so many Americans, frenchs, German ,english, italians,etc... and people with an idea, from any side died in this war. The forgotten war...not taken a look at this war...The pre -war...

MY question : we will have something like the old board game from Europa "For whom the bell tolls"? I think its very interesting. Just , in what if, every region may check, at start, and every game , the side he choose...nationalist or republican. Interesting IMHO.

Josan

SSG Korsun Pocket Decisive Battles Beta Tester
GG´s War in the East Alpha Tester
Leibst

RE: What if ? About different starts

Post by Leibst »

It could be done, but it is important to have clear some things. Madrid and Barcelona had very strong militia present. So how to do a what if in Barcelona?
Usually minor cities went with the side that gained control of the capital of the province.
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
Josans

Post by Josans »

I dont remember a check when Barcelona or Madrid are going to fascist! Just game down. It was more other regions and maybe the replacements the republican can get .... I ll take a look to the rules more carefully and send you the info if you want.... Any Europa Games, if you have played sometime, have a lot of accuracy in its games...

SSG Korsun Pocket Decisive Battles Beta Tester
GG´s War in the East Alpha Tester
Leibst

Post by Leibst »

I own FWTBT. Never played but i have studied its deployment and its very accurate.
Give me the info please, its an interesting idea.
Designer of AGEOD & HQ English Civil War, Thirty Years War and España:1936
Designer of Battles For Spain and Libertad o Muerte!
https://hqwargames.com
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Sounds like a fun idea if done correct.

I remember Hearts of Iron had a similar idea, though it usually just ended in a (very) quick win for the Nationalists.

Still, if you think you could pull it off, it could be an interesting additional campaign.

Return to “España: 1936”