BIN

Battles In Normandy is the third game in the Decisive Battles game series. Battles in Normandy recreates all aspects of the Normandy campaign, from the landings on the first day to the final climax of the campaign at Falaise. Strategic Studies Group rewrote the Decisive Battles game engine for Battles in Normandy with a host of new special rules for amphibious and airborne operations, plus a huge number of other enhancements.

Moderator: alexs

sullafelix

BIN

Post by sullafelix »

Can you order divisions and corps like old SSG games or do you have to plot and move each piece? Thanks.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
HansBolter

RE: BIN

Post by HansBolter »

You can move all or part of a stack at the same time.
Hans

sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

What I meant to ask is can you give orders to your divisions etc. to attack here defend there. Old SSG games always had a command option like the HPS campaigns series. I bought Battlefront and was not to happy to find that they had done away with command options. I also asked in an email and I know they never plan to use it again. I play only solitaire so it helps to even things up by having different levels of command to order about.

So is it possible to order the 21st Panzer to attack Caen or do I have to move it and then setup all the different parts to attack like in a boardgame? Thanks.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

You need to move each counter separatly

The exeption is to can give one order to a whole stack and all the units in the stack will follow the order.

-
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

Apparently feedback received regarding their older series of games that had a 'friendly' AI control system was along the lines that most people didn't like it, so they haven't really considered it in their newer games.

So yes, their current land-based games act like boardgames in that regard, you have to push the counters around.

Cheers Chris
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

Return to “Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy”