76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS

Battles In Normandy is the third game in the Decisive Battles game series. Battles in Normandy recreates all aspects of the Normandy campaign, from the landings on the first day to the final climax of the campaign at Falaise. Strategic Studies Group rewrote the Decisive Battles game engine for Battles in Normandy with a host of new special rules for amphibious and airborne operations, plus a huge number of other enhancements.

Moderator: alexs

kev_uk

RE: 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario by JSS

Post by kev_uk »

I see that you make no promises for the AI past turn 30, but could you tell me if it is at least competant? Is it worth playing against the AI, or does it break down?

TIA

Kev
JSS

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: kev_uk

I see that you make no promises for the AI past turn 30, but could you tell me if it is at least competant? Is it worth playing against the AI, or does it break down?

TIA

Kev

Kev,

Completely missed your post. Quick answer: AI continues to work properly. Whether it offers the appropriate challenge will depend on how well a player is doing against it. The more success you have, the greater the chance that the AI instructions that are valid up to turn 30 will not keep the AI efforts focused at turn 50 or 60. I think its worth playing if you like playing the AI. Allied AI should perform reasonably well throughout as the objectives don't change. A little confusion by the German AI is probably not ahistorical after turn 50.

JSS
JSS

Post by JSS »

V2.00 of the scenario is available at the Run5 download section.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

thanks for your work JSS
DL and giving it a try now

HARD_Sarge
BK6583

Post by BK6583 »

"On to Paris" file problems. I downloaded the 2.0 version from the Run 5 site without any trouble. However, when I followed the instructions to double-click on the file itself and then "follow the prompts", what I got instead was an error screen that told me "Unable to open - File size of 429434 meg expected - File size is only 127365 meg (this is an approximation of what it said). As I perused both this forum and the Run 5 BIN forum, most everyone seems to have downloaded and been able to access this scenario fine on their respective PCs - what am I doing wrong?

Sincerely,

Bob
JSS

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: kev_uk

TIA

Kev

Kev,

The AI will continue to work. Game circumstances may make the AI overly aggressive or overly conservative for the current conditions later on... chances for a fundamental flaw in the AI scheme of maneuver increase after turn 40... especially if the Allied player (human) is doing well... then again the Falaise Pocket was historically a debacle of the highest order!

JSS
JSS

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: BK6583

"On to Paris" file problems. I downloaded the 2.0 version from the Run 5 site without any trouble. However, when I followed the instructions to double-click on the file itself and then "follow the prompts", what I got instead was an error screen that told me "Unable to open - File size of 429434 meg expected - File size is only 127365 meg (this is an approximation of what it said). As I perused both this forum and the Run 5 BIN forum, most everyone seems to have downloaded and been able to access this scenario fine on their respective PCs - what am I doing wrong?

Sincerely,

Bob

Bob,

Did you get this to work properly?

JSS
JSS

v2.01 76 Turn Full Normandy Campaign Scenario

Post by JSS »

The latest (probably final) version of On to Paris is available now at Run5.

Return to “Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy”