Version Problem & locks up

Commander – Europe at War Gold is the first in a series of high level turn based strategy games. The first game spans WW2, allowing players to control the axis or allied forces through the entire war in the European Theatre.
Yogi the Great

Version Problem & locks up

Post by Yogi the Great »

Well I couldn't get an answer at Slitherine, so I'll try here Posting here and above tech support - can't seem to get answer on Matrix or Slitherine as mentioned I as is havit buy from Matrix

1) I have similar problem I purchased the game on the deal of the month from Matrix. I haven't actually had to update BUT,

Yes the version is correct however So is it possible Matrix sent me the Slitherine version? This isn't a problem now but will be when a new updated version does come out. So my question is will I be able to update when the time comes through Matrix or Slitherine? I have always liked the check for update feature that installs with the game so it would be nice if it worked properly. btw on another thread someone else posted that they have the same problem.

2) Problem 2, Like the game but can't seem to finish one as twice playing as allies against AI all goes well into summer 1942 or so and then Again everything going fine then the hourglass comes up and just never goes away. I've tried several times to restart and load the last save but same thing it just locks. I think both times it was during the convoy phase.

Update: For what it's worth I uninstalled the game (free download with purchase) and reinstalled using the CD - SAME RESULT unable to determine version error and the game locked up again July 7, 1942
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
baloo7777

RE: Version Problem & locks up

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

2) Problem 2, Like the game but can't seem to finish one as twice playing as allies against AI all goes well into summer 1942 or so and then Again everything going fine then the hourglass comes up and just never goes away. I've tried several times to restart and load the last save but same thing it just locks. I think both times it was during the convoy phase.

Thought I would play the 3.00 Grand Campaigne as Allies vs Axis AI. Got to August 1940 and had the same experience as above with hourglass and lockup several times. I had played the previous version many times to the end of this scenario without any problems. Therefore, their must be a glitch in the version 3.00. Bummer...seems to be another forgotten game... [:(]
JRR
zzodr

Post by zzodr »

Hi JRR,
Recently had this problem too. Found a null pointer error in the Java routine for the allied convoy mechanics.
I found installing V3.1 (Aug 2014) on the product download page fixed this issue. I reloaded my save and allied convoy part no longer froze up.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: zzodr

Hi JRR,
Recently had this problem too. Found a null pointer error in the Java routine for the allied convoy mechanics.
I found installing V3.1 (Aug 2014) on the product download page fixed this issue. I reloaded my save and allied convoy part no longer froze up.
zzodr, so sorryy i didn't see this post until now. I downloaded 3.1 and am playing the 39 scenario! Hopefully i will have the same result as you and have a fun game with all the new options on! Thanks again, as I still don't see 3.1 in the regular downloads area, but since you mentioned it, I dug deeper and found it.
JRR
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Well...played to turn 28 (Feb 1941) and then it locked up. Task manager has it stuck in Java. I'm not software savvy, but after 28 turns and not able to go further, I'll stop playing this game (v3.1). This makes the 2nd game I've purchased from Matrix that does not work or at least not well (this game and Time of Fury).
JRR

Return to “Commander - Europe at War Gold”