Unit Counter Mod Kit

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Hoplite1963

Unit Counter Mod Kit

Post by Hoplite1963 »

I created this set of files for my own use to make it quicker and easier to create mods for the game. However I thought I would save others the trouble of having to do the same sort of thing for their own projects, so please feel free to use modify and adapt this kit as you see fit.

Enjoy
Ian
Attachments
CCCounterModKit.zip
(146.17 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
junk2drive

RE: Unit Counter Mod Kit

Post by junk2drive »

Is this the one here

tm.asp?m=2801974
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Not exactly. The counters I posted earlier were examples of what individual customised counters might look like.

The kit I have now posed is a series of files for making complete mods. Its not a mod itself but a set of files to speed up mod making.

Also as a result of the work I have done on it my mod making plans have changed now plan to start off working on mods for the early part of the Great War beginning with one covering the battles of the French Army in 1914 called “Plan 17” I have made the switch as I have more scenario data available suitable for the 500 meters per hex scale and I will be able to reuse the counters for a whole series of mods.

I still plan to do mods on the French wars in Indochina and the BEF in 1918 but these will be at a later date.

Regards
Ian
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Thanks for this Ian, yet more reason for this game to be given higher profile.
I especially appreciate the internet links in the doc file, another good site is boardgamegeek.com as it has hi-res scans of unit sheets and maps.

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

What developer, we don't need no stinking developer.

He ain't showing up anyway.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

ORIGINAL: Ian in Brentford

Not exactly. The counters I posted earlier were examples of what individual customised counters might look like.

The kit I have now posed is a series of files for making complete mods. Its not a mod itself but a set of files to speed up mod making.

Also as a result of the work I have done on it my mod making plans have changed now plan to start off working on mods for the early part of the Great War beginning with one covering the battles of the French Army in 1914 called “Plan 17” I have made the switch as I have more scenario data available suitable for the 500 meters per hex scale and I will be able to reuse the counters for a whole series of mods.

I still plan to do mods on the French wars in Indochina and the BEF in 1918 but these will be at a later date.

Regards
Ian

Thanks Ian.
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Thanks for the link I will add it to the next version of the kit I release which will include templates for victory screens.

Also for now here is an example of one of the propaganda posters I will be using for my “Plan 17” mod.

Regards
Ian

Attachments
CC2Propaganda1.jpg
CC2Propaganda1.jpg (29.35 KiB) Viewed 438 times
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

And another

Attachments
CC2Propaganda2.jpg
CC2Propaganda2.jpg (26.86 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

And one more for luck

Attachments
CC2Propaganda3.jpg
CC2Propaganda3.jpg (31.07 KiB) Viewed 438 times
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

Looks good...

Hurry up and get that scenario out. I want to play it. [:D]
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Last one for today, French M1913 105mm gun. One of the few pieces on modern medium artillery they had at the start of the war.

Attachments
CC2Propaganda4.jpg
CC2Propaganda4.jpg (28.29 KiB) Viewed 442 times
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I had a cocktail recently.

This receipe was apparrantly invented in the 1920's

The drink is said to "Have quite a punch" so it was named the "French 75".

-
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

Hi
As promised here is version two of , my counter mod kit. This incorporates lessons learned from counter design for my ongoing “Plan 17” mod. Also it now includes a “Victory Screens” template. Finally I have modified the “Counter Layout Planner” table so that each counter entry is only listed once but with a series of boxes underneath it to shade in as you complete work on each of the 4 zoom levels for the counter. Enjoy

Regards
Ian

Attachments
CC2MEVersion2.zip
(137.45 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

Thanks for your efforts here Ian.
I'm really looking forward to trying your scenario.

"I don't believe in reincarnation because I refuse to come back as a bug or as a rabbit".

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”