Match

Post requests for head to head play here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

balto

Match

Post by balto »

I keep getting beat up by the AI when I am Allies. I have spent the past several hours as the CP, restarting several times to get the hang of it. I get to about the time the Turks start then I restart to keep experimenting. I am not winning, but it seems easier to deal with I guess because you start with better forces. I am sure that catches up later on.

Anyone interested in a match with me as CP? If you insist on CP, that is okay with me.

I am unsure of my schedule because I am a PBEMer. This new system requires us to know our schedule.

Good luck
FroBodine

RE: Match

Post by FroBodine »

Balto - what do you mean by "the new system requires us to know our schedule."

Does this multiplayer system not work like Slitherine's other matchmaking games, where you do you turn, then submit it, and the next player does their turn when they have time?

Does this game require both players to be online at the same time to play?
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

No, it works like the other Slitherine games.
balto

Post by balto »

Blubel, can you explain how it works?

I thought it was like Conflict of Heroes (PBEM++) where you both had to be on-line and watch each other's turns? I never did understand what that ++ stuff meant.

Thank you in advance.
Blubel

Post by Blubel »

Have you played WiTE or Field of Glory in multiplayer? It works exactly the same. You make your turn, hit "end turn" and the turn gets uploaded to the server. Your opponent can then load the turn, see the replay and play his turn. You don't have to be online at the same time.
balto

Post by balto »

I do not have either game.

So it is like regular PBEM but with has a server. GREAT!

That is great info, thank you.
Hideous42

Post by Hideous42 »

Did you find your opponent yet? I'd be interested in trying how multiplayer works. And either side is fine for me.
balto

Post by balto »

PM sent.
balto

How about another match with me as Allies

Post by balto »

I am having a very enjoyable game with Hideous with me as the CP. I am getting my butt handed to me because of constant encirclements by Hideous, but this game keeps you focused and because there are not a lot of units, you can get a turn completed in less than 10 minutes. I am giving this game a massive thumbs up.

With that said, is anyone up for a Match with me as the Allies? I would like to see how I can do with them.

PS - The multiplayer works flawlessly.
Hideous42

RE: How about another match with me as Allies

Post by Hideous42 »

Balto is being too modest, he is very aggressive attacker. Im having real trouble on several fronts. Can't really try anything else than plug the holes on the lines.
Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker »

Balto and Hideous!

It always seems when playing multiplayer that 'the other guy' is doing better in your estimating than in his own! At least it seems that way to me, my brother and I just got a game going and it seems that way to me!
balto

Post by balto »

That could be true, but I suck at both Entente and CP. It is not the game, it is me.

I think I am getting old. I cannot believe I am getting double-whopped.

Game is very very cool. Good luck in your multi-player

Return to “Opponents Wanted”