warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente)

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

warspite1

RE: warspite1 (CP) Vs Colberki (Entente)

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 79 – 21st June 1917

Germany, Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria

Germany

A very quiet turn, albeit my Austrian Aircraft took a beating - take it out of the frontline for a bit of R+R me thinks.

Italy

Nothing to report.

Turkey and Bulgaria

Yep – looks like I may have left it too late as a Bulgarian Army disintegrates under a hail of Artillery and Infantry fire…. I try and hold a line east of Beirut with the Bulgarian 4th, 5th and 8th Armies, while 1st, 2nd and 6th Armies forlornly attack a French Infantry northeast of Jerusalem.

In the south, my Garrison makes Medina before the retreating Arabs, but they stick around – albeit hotly pursued by my two other Garrisons.

Attachments
Turn79CP..dleEast.jpg
Turn79CP..dleEast.jpg (155.99 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 80 – 6th July 1917

Germany

Nothing much to report here except an air battle or two.

Italy

More of the same in Italy…

Turkey and Bulgaria

I have got rid of the last two Arab units north of Medina. Let’s hope no more appear.

Further north things look very grim. I vacate Damascus and pull all units back as quickly as possible….what a shambles.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 81 – 19th July 1917

Germany

I lose a couple of units in the frontline and have to re-arrange my forces to maintain the line.

Italy

More softening up of the Trento defenders takes place….

Turkey and Bulgaria

Things go from bad to worse in the Middle East. I have managed to form a Bulgarian Army Group north of Damascus however, and I await the attack. The British are also looking to make a landing neat Kuwait just to add to my problems….

Attachments
Turn81CPGermany.jpg
Turn81CPGermany.jpg (188.77 KiB) Viewed 588 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 82 – 2nd August 1917

Germany

I lose an Austrian Infantry northeast of Strassburg but otherwise all is quiet.

Italy

Nothing to report

Turkey and Bulgaria

Nothing much to report other than a straightening of the lines

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 83 – 16th August 1917

Germany

I lose another unit northeast of Strassburg – and have no choice but to now leave this city vacant.

Italy

Same old same old….

Turkey and Bulgaria

The Italians are set to land in Salonika. I move the 2nd Sarajevo Garrison toward the Greek border to intercept.

The British have a Garrison in Kuwait so I move the 2nd Basra Garrison south from its home city to attack in what will no doubt be the mother of all battles…..

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 84 – 30th August 1917

Germany

The Western Front lights up somewhat! A French Infantry moves into the vacated hex, but I manage to see him off using 7th, 10th and 40th Armies and by bringing every available aircraft unit into the fray. I decide not to occupy the hex though as I will simply lose the unit.

Further north, dislodging the French is going to be difficult. I attack the northernmost French Infantry southeast of the Ruhr with THREE Artillery and TWO full strength Infantry (8th and 50th Armies). I manage only to reduce it to a 5. However, I do destroy a French Garrison to the south and take a chance by moving 30th Infantry into the hex.

Italy

Nothing to report.

The Balkans

I cannot stop the Italians from landing in Salonika, but my Garrison should hopefully stop it getting to Skopje.

Turkey and Bulgaria

In Palestine the British manoeuvre to attack my Bulgarian line north of Beirut and Damascus. No doubt they will begin once the artillery is in position.

Attachments
Turn84CPGermany.jpg
Turn84CPGermany.jpg (186.53 KiB) Viewed 588 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 85 – 13th September 1917

Germany

The Western Front really wakes up! I lose another Garrison and there are multiple air battles. In the north I finally decide to go all out. I destroy two enemy Infantry between Liege and the Ruhr. Dare I hope that things are starting to look up a little on this front?

Italy

The Italian Front too comes alive. I lose a Garrison in the centre of the line but despite counter-attacking with a Bomber, three Infantry and a Garrison, the Italian survives easily….[&:]

The Balkans

I attack the Italian Garrison in Salonika but with little damage.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The French land in Basra and to compound Turkish problems the 2nd Basra Garrison keeps losing to a half supplied British Garrison in Kuwait….

Nothing else to report on this front.

Attachments
Turn85CPGermany.jpg
Turn85CPGermany.jpg (191.73 KiB) Viewed 588 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 86 – 27th September 1917

Germany

The promise seems to have evaporated somewhat… I lose further ground in the south – there is now a two hex salient that I cannot remove, and without Artillery, progress in the north has stalled.

Italy

Things look grim in Italy. I lose another infantry and my Airforce is almost wiped out.

The Balkans

Bizarre – I attack the half-supplied Italian Garrison and lose 3-0….. I have managed to bring to further Garrisons to the region so I hope I can at least contain the situation.

Turkey and Bulgaria

It’s almost over in the south of the Ottoman Empire. An enemy force with aircraft and Artillery attacks, and almost destroys 20th Army in Tabuk.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 87 – 11th October 1917

Germany

An attack by the German 7th and 11th Armies, together with the Austrian 9th Army, destroys a French Infantry, leaving one Portuguese Infantry in the Salient.

Italy

In Italy I manage to destroy an Italian Infantry, but the line is still not straightened out. I cannot reinforce the unit in Trento either.

The Balkans

The Italian in Salonika is almost surrounded, but my Garrisons doing the surrounding are knackered and there can be no thought of any attack this turn.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The size of the enemy force attacking Tabuk becomes more apparent. Hoping that the Entente have a screening force only in the Beirut-Damascus area, I take a chance and charge forward with the left wing of the Bulgarian-Turkish army group. Sadly there are strong Entente forces here too… However, I at least manage to make a French Garrison retreat….

Attachments
Turn87CPGermany.jpg
Turn87CPGermany.jpg (185.91 KiB) Viewed 588 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 87 – 11th October 1917 (Cont)

Attachments
Turn87CP..dleEast.jpg
Turn87CP..dleEast.jpg (159.22 KiB) Viewed 588 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 88 – 25th October 1917

Germany

I lose another Infantry. All I can do is try and repair as many units as possible.

Italy

I lose Trento. Not great…..

The Balkans

Not much to report. I bring a Bulgarian Garrison east of Salonika and attack with minimal damage to the enemy.

Turkey and Bulgaria

Tabuk falls to the French. Difficult to see a way back for the Turks here.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 89 – 8th November 1917

Germany

Not much happening here this turn.

Italy

I finally manage to get an attack on the Italians with my Artillery and send an Italian Infantry scurrying back toward safety.

The Balkans

I attack the Italian Garrison with the combined Austrian, Bulgarian and German Garrison force, reducing the former to a 6-strength.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The Entente forces are too strong and I pull back – the Turkish 1st Guards Army is unlikely to survive the retreat however.

Near the Persian Gulf I switch the target of my attack from Kuwait to the French Garrison in Basra, but this too achieves little.

Attachments
Turn 89 CP..dle East.jpg
Turn 89 CP..dle East.jpg (162.04 KiB) Viewed 588 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 90 – 22nd November 1917

Germany

I attack the northernmost French Garrison on the Dutch border, but he survives comfortably….

Italy

I almost destroy an Italian Infantry, but have nothing to move in with to finish it off…..

The Balkans

The Italian Garrison is reduced to a 1-strength.

Turkey and Bulgaria

I give up with this nonsense in the Persian Gulf. Half-supply does not seem to affect Entente Garrisons…..

In the west, sure enough I lose the Turkish 1st Guards Army and so set upon a British Infantry with three Bulgarian Armies and finish off the enemy unit.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 91 – 6th December 1917

Germany

I make no attacks here – nor did the Entente.

Italy

The Entente do not react in Italy and rather than attack piecemeal, and without Artillery support, I conserve my strength. I want Trento back!!

The Balkans

Salonika is recaptured – I give the honour to the Austrian 2nd Sarajevo Garrison as it bore the brunt of the fighting.

Turkey and Bulgaria

I stray too close to a British Artillery with the Bulgarian 4th Army and accept its time to pull back. There is little that the Bulgarian/Turkish forces can do against aircraft and artillery….

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 92 – 20th December 1917

Germany

A quiet turn on this sector.

Italy

An equally quiet turn here.

Turkey and Bulgaria

A quiet turn here too.

Turn 93 – 3rd January 1918

Germany

Literally nothing happened here as no doubt the Entente are building for a spring/summer offensive….

Italy

My attempt to get Trento back did not quite work. The Austrian 2nd and 6th Armies combined with the German 51st Army and the Austrian 5th Artillery to assault the city but Trento held; at least the Infantry defending has been reduced to a red 4-strength.

Turkey and Bulgaria

Nothing happening here once again.

Turn 94 – 17th January 1918

Germany

The Entente attack in the south, east of Strassburg, and I have to re-order the line – but it’s all a bit desperate. To try and relieve some of the pressure I attack the Belgian Infantry northeast of Liege but little real damage is caused.

Italy

I re-take Trento using the Austrian 5th Army (supported by German Artillery).[:)]

Turkey and Bulgaria

The French are building for an attack on the Turkish line south of Tabuk. I have two Infantry Armies – 20th and 21st at Medina that I can bring forward next turn.

Turn 95 – 31st January 1918

Germany

Nothing to report this turn.

Italy

Nothing to report here either.

Turkey and Bulgaria

…and the same story for this theatre.

Turn 96 – 14th February 1918

Germany

Focal point of the Entente effort is in the south again, where the Austrian 9th Army takes a bit of a pounding - but survives.

Italy

Austrian 6th Army is almost wiped out as the Italians counter-attack.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The British begin their awaited offensive against the Bulgarians, although damage to 8th Army is limited to 2-strength points at this stage.

Turn 97 – 28th February 1918

Germany

The Entente attack in the north and south, although fail to completely destroy any units.

Italy

I make further progress in Italy, in an effort to push the Italians out of the Trentino. The Austrian 5th Army occupies the hex south of Trento.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The British and French continue to pound the Bulgarians; this time 10th Army takes a beating and I continue to re-cycle units for as long as possible before bowing to the inevitable retreat.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 98 – 14th March 1918

Germany

The Entente open up all along the Western Front and I lose two more units – I am increasingly thin on the ground now. I patch up what I can and wait….

Italy

I attack the most exposed Italian Infantry using the German 11th Army and the Austrian 2nd and 4th Armies. I only succeed in taking out a few strength points though.

Turkey and Bulgaria

The 4th Tabuk Garrison, south of that city, comes under increasing pressure from the French but I can only hope he holds for another turn as reinforcements are on their way. Meanwhile, I attack the French Garrison in Basra, but otherwise can do nothing on this front.

Attachments
Turn98CPGermany.jpg
Turn98CPGermany.jpg (184.65 KiB) Viewed 588 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 98 – 14th March 1918 (Cont)

Attachments
Turn98CP..dleEast.jpg
Turn98CP..dleEast.jpg (156.69 KiB) Viewed 589 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 99 – 28th March 1918

Germany

Not much for me to do – or more accurately – not a lot of units to do anything with… From a slightly promising position in northern Germany a few turns ago, suddenly it looks distinctly less so.

Italy

That was unfortunate. An attack by the Austrians destroys an Italian Infantry, but because of the mountainous terrain, I cannot get an unused Infantry to advance into the space and attack the enemy Artillery….big shame.

Turkey and Bulgaria

How did that happen? – I attack the French Garrison in Basra again – and this time get beaten….

I pull back from south of Tabuk - having lost the Turkish Garrison I have no choice…

The Bulgarian 5th Army gets almost wiped out, but manages to survive and I place a new unit in the line.

Turn 100 – 11th April 1918

Germany

Nothing much happening here this turn.

Italy

I take a chance and place the Austrian 5th Guards Army south of the Po, where he is likely to be destroyed but it might panic the Italians…..

Turkey and Bulgaria

I continue with the Bulgarian conveyor belt. 4th Army are the latest to almost face destruction, but just hold on and 10th Army takes over.

Strangely, the French and British withdraw from their position south of Tabuk… I will have to wait and see what they are up to.

Turn 101 – 25th April 1918

Germany

A quiet turn, although von Mackensen’s 7th Army is hit hard east of Strassburg.

Italy

4th Army is almost destroyed south of Trento so I remove it from the front line. I cannot afford to attack this turn without Artillery support which means 5th Guards Army remains exposed south of the river….one more turn please ….

Turkey and Bulgaria

A pretty disastrous turn… The Bulgarian line is shattered so I line my four intact armies from north to south east of Damascus. This leaves the way open to Aleppo, but I am counting on the need for the Entente to leave units to counter the Bulgarians.

Attachments
Turn101CPGermany.jpg
Turn101CPGermany.jpg (186.1 KiB) Viewed 588 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 101 – 25th April 1918 (Cont)

Attachments
Turn101C..dleEast.jpg
Turn101C..dleEast.jpg (162.99 KiB) Viewed 588 times

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Turn 102 – 9th May 1918

Germany

I attack the northernmost Belgian Infantry with an Artillery and three full strength Infantry Armies – 8th, 16th, and 30th – but disappointingly only reduce the enemy unit to a 6…..

Italy

On this front the 5th Guards Army is not attacked and instead the Italians concentrate on their favourite hex, south of Trento. With an Artillery shell available this turn I re-take Venice. Good news indeed.

Turkey and Bulgaria

As expected the Entente forces have begun chasing me back toward Aleppo. I have a number of units around this city, although they are all Garrisons and none are dug-in….not great.

Further south the French seriously maul 20th Army, although 22nd Army then forces a French Infantry to retreat.

Turn 103 – 23rd May 1918

Germany

A quiet turn.

Italy

Ditto…. I am having to wait for Artillery ammo – maybe the Entente have the same predicament??

Turkey and Bulgaria

…and again – nothing really happening that I can see at any rate…

Turn 104 – 6th June 1918

Germany

The 1st Hamburg Garrison is attacked southwest of Frankfurt, but survives, and the 20th Infantry suffers the same fate northwest of Stuttgart. I replace both in the frontline and then go on the attack against a Garrison east of Liege. I follow up with 8th Infantry, which hits the 2nd line Belgian Infantry that was attacked previously.

Italy

Well that was completely ridiculous…. The 5th Guards Army dug-in for two turns loses to an Artillery and ONE Infantry attack…..bizarre [&:]. Anyway, I try the same tactic - using the 5th Artillery to assault the hex just vacated by my destroyed unit. The follow-up attacks by 6th and 7th Guards Armies dislodge the enemy Infantry. I push into the gap with the 1st Zagreb Garrison who reduced the enemy unit to a 1-strength and forces a further retreat which I exploit. The 4th Zagreb Garrison moves into the gap. I now have two Garrisons south of the Po….

Turkey and Bulgaria

Nothing – seemingly happening on this front, though no doubt there is plenty of movement behind the lines….

Attachments
Turn104CPGermany.jpg
Turn104CPGermany.jpg (173.57 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Return to “After Action Reports”