RUS or AACW

Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia. Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people’s Revolution prevail?
jomni

RUS or AACW

Post by jomni »

I'm thinking of buying a new AGEOD game.
I have PON and BOA2.

Which one do you think is better for me?
RUS: No idea about the setting so I am really interested in this game so I can learn more. Is it already in a polished state?
AACW: Old one but highly recommended by many. I would suppose it's more polished.
BTW, which one has more interesting gameplay? Which one is a logical next step in learning AGEOD gameplay?
Rosseau

RE: RUS or AACW

Post by Rosseau »

For me, it would be RUS in a minute. So many new features to play around with. I thought I would love AACW but it never grabbed me. However, I would assume you could get AACW real cheap these days anyway.
Matto

Post by Matto »

I have only RUS, co I cannot compare with AACW ... but RUS is really great for quick playing
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

tevans6220

Post by tevans6220 »

I have all the Ageod titles and AACW is my absolute favorite. PoN is fastly becoming my least favorite due to the way in which it was released. I like RUS too but AACW wins out for me because it's my favorite period of history. You can't go wrong with either one though.
blackknight1916

Post by blackknight1916 »

I have both and I feel like RUS has a lot more depth and versatility. Also more replay-ability. This is because there are more than 2 sides as in AACW, and there are a myriad of possibilities as to how the war can go given the geography of the conflict. AACW is, forgive the phrase, a purely north-south equation.

Return to “Revolution Under Siege Gold”