This game is terrific! Don't miss it!

Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia. Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people’s Revolution prevail?
vaalen

RE: This game is terrific! Don't miss it!

Post by vaalen »

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

Wasnt sure about the combat upgrades in this title over the older ones but that is a good thing to know thanks!
I had the same problem with the Ageod combat system that you had, but the new reporting system makes all the difference in the world.

During the battle, you get a text report of what is happening at the bottom of the screen, such as troops committed, routs, lulls in the battle, etc. The new combat report enables you to actually look at what each unit did in the battle, during each round of the battle,including events like showing cowardice, effective fire, making good use of terrain,effective tactical leadership, and many others. I really enjoy following the elite units, who usually do better. The reports actually show the special abilities of the unique units being used, which is nice to see. You can follow a particular unit, say the 4th Jagers, in every battle, which can actually get you to have a concern for that particular unit. This really helps the immersion, and has solved the ageod combat problem for me completely.

If you want to see the text reporting, it is important to make sure that the battle animation is set to the slowest speed in the options.
pvthudson01

Post by pvthudson01 »

Oh wow that is a HUGE difference! Is that available only on the latest two titles? Or just the Revolution Under Siege?
Matrix Member since 2003!
vaalen

Post by vaalen »

Oh wow that is a HUGE difference! Is that available only on the latest two titles? Or just the Revolution Under Siege?
As far as I know, it is only in ROP and Revolution under Siege. I have asked Ageod if they could retrofit this system to their other games, and they were supportive of the idea, though they gave no time span.
hgilmer3

Post by hgilmer3 »

I have not played RUS, but I assume that it is like ROP in that yes, the battle screen pops up, but then it disappears, but in the message box, you can bring up the battle results again and look at it for any length of time to see what happened.

KurtC in the WITE PBEM module.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: vaalen
During the battle, you get a text report of what is happening at the bottom of the screen, such as troops committed, routs, lulls in the battle, etc. The new combat report enables you to actually look at what each unit did in the battle, during each round of the battle,including events like showing cowardice, effective fire, making good use of terrain,effective tactical leadership, and many others. I really enjoy following the elite units, who usually do better. The reports actually show the special abilities of the unique units being used, which is nice to see. You can follow a particular unit, say the 4th Jagers, in every battle, which can actually get you to have a concern for that particular unit. This really helps the immersion, and has solved the ageod combat problem for me completely.

I have to say I also love this improvement.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
AlvinS

Post by AlvinS »

I have been playing the Demo and like what I see. I have played AGEod's American Civil War and love it so I am looking forward to this one. I will buy it next week.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS
SlickWilhelm

Post by SlickWilhelm »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: vaalen

I have to say I also love this improvement.

Regards,

- Erik

+1 [8D]
Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42
nukkxx5058

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Just bought it. It looks great.   
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
lenin

Post by lenin »

ORIGINAL: nukkxx

Just bought it. It looks great.   

Yes it is!
"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"
Alikchi2

Post by Alikchi2 »

Yeah, this is a great game guys. Support AGEOD.
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

ORIGINAL: hgilmer3

I have not played RUS, but I assume that it is like ROP in that yes, the battle screen pops up, but then it disappears, but in the message box, you can bring up the battle results again and look at it for any length of time to see what happened.

well during a turn, there is the option to check 'pause on battle' also, to inspect the report at your leisure.
Navodchik

Post by Navodchik »

I just got the game and this looks very interesting indeed. Being Finnish myself, I never could have imagined that one day I would see a strategy game which has even a scenario about our 1918 civil war...unbelievable! I've tried couple other AGEOD games, but in my opinion this one seems to be best. Very interesting historic era, and one that hasn't before seen in wargames.

OT: The map of Finland has some mistakes, I've noticed these:

Vuoski, should be VUOKSI
Kymjoki, should be KYMIJOKI
Yovesi, should be RUOVESI (I suppose)
Langelmavshi, should be LÄNGELMÄVESI
Kironjoki, should be KYRÖJOKI

The lake located south of city of Joensuu is definitely not 'Lake Orivesi', but this really doesn't matter...
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

This game would be terrific if it was supported better. Official patch 1.03 screws up the weather (no seasonal weather changes!) and degenerates AI behaviour. Obviously it wasn't tested before release. From AGEOD forums you can see that the developers don't care.
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
JJKettunen

Post by JJKettunen »

Have to add that playing with version 1.02b is a lot of fun, and with upcoming Fatal Years Mod it should be even more so.
Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Navodchik

Post by Navodchik »

ORIGINAL: Keke

This game would be terrific if it was supported better. Official patch 1.03 screws up the weather (no seasonal weather changes!) and degenerates AI behaviour. Obviously it wasn't tested before release. From AGEOD forums you can see that the developers don't care.

I can see now what you mean and I totally agree. Updated my RUS yesterday to version 1.03, played Finnish civil war scenario couple of times through - it's always winter! Let's hope that they will solve these problems in the future... BTW, the other AGEOD title Pride of Nations seems to be a game with huge potential within it, but it is obvious that they released this one way too early - even after 1.02 patch game crashes and sometimes it will not even start!

Return to “Revolution Under Siege Gold”