Japanese AI in Holyday

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
blubasso

Japanese AI in Holyday

Post by blubasso »

Hello,
i own WPO and it's patched with the last patch.
My problem: i play Allies side vs Japan (AI), in the very begin of the second game (1926-1929 Grand Campaign) the Japanese attacked the Philippines.
As you know, there are 3 american Bases on the shores, in the North Phlippines and they are empty.

They took 2 of them and i defend the third one, so the third one is still an american Base. Then the Japanese AI refused to play...

I am playing the 20-06-1926 (so 20 days after the first japanese main invasion) and the AI refuses to do any move: nisba, nicht, nada, niente. They stay on the shore, maybe to have a suntan. Worst: in all the Pacific Campaign the japanese AI didn't do anything.

Is it a bug or whatsoever?
Connfire

RE: Japanese AI in Holyday

Post by Connfire »

Not a bug so much as a poorly designed AI. Eventually it may do something, but for the record I've never lost the Phillipines to the Japanese AI, though it should attack in other places. You can always try giving it a good kick to get a response, too. Playing against the AI is good for learning the game and trying new things. But the best challenge is PBEM. Its not hard, and currently there are several new players looking for opponents in another section of the WPO forum.
blubasso

Post by blubasso »

So the problem is not an hypotetical bug, but quite the AI...
I understand.

Well, i need to improve my WPO skills before starting a PBEM. I will ask for human vs human later, sure i will do it.
Thanx for the answer [:)]

Stefano
Von Weber

Post by Von Weber »

If you need a human opponent I'm ready to play for both sides [8D], good or bad Americans/good or bad Japans.
WPO/Field of Glory-2/TOAW
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Give the AI a hand.

Save your game, reopen as head to head, tweak a few LCU & TF to get them going again, you have to play both sides for 1 turn, save.

Reopen game from your chosen side and "be a sport" and not take advantage of any operations you set up.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “Tech Support”