Division Creation

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.
Immelmann

Division Creation

Post by Immelmann »

so i am playing csa on the bloody april scenario. i am trying to re-organize the army of mississippi. i have a 1 star gen., hindman, and i enable division command for him. i have 3 brigades i would like to add, clebourne's; hindman's; and wood's brigades. if i select 1 of them, the combine button is greyed out and i am told more than 1 selection must be made. i press cntr button, and a 2nd brigade to the selection and the combine button is still greyed out. in red i see, there is a total of 10 units in the current selection, we can have 18 in a division, yes? i also get a nominal table of equipment for the selected brigades, and i am told that no unit in the current selection can possibly hold all the elements selected, or some of the elements selected can not be combined. i am so confused here. why can i not combine these brigades into a division lead by hindman?
Immelmann

RE: Division Creation

Post by Immelmann »

so i started a new game, same scenario, except i chose the union. i went to mccook's division, clicked the "split" button. it split into 3 brigades, the ky lt. infantry and 5th us arty. then i removed division command for mccook. i then enabled divisional command for mccook. i use cntl button to select all the units i just split off, and the combine button is greyed out, and i can not recreate the division. what am i doing wrong here?
nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

Have you also clicked on McCook at the same time?
Immelmann

Post by Immelmann »

AH, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD! that worked. thnx. i watched a youtube vid, and i swear, the uploader did not highlight the general. thnx again

Return to “The War Room”