Admiral Kamikaze (CSA) vs the Assistant Vice General (USA)

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
topeverest

Battle Harpers ferry

Post by topeverest »

Cant really interpret beyond I lost. How close was it? I didn't get a replay

Got a message that Patterson was removed by Scott after battle. Is it possible he will come back - (hoping not)

Attachments
11.jpg
11.jpg (339.58 KiB) Viewed 589 times
Andy M
Ostwindflak

RE: Battle Harpers ferry

Post by Ostwindflak »

That battle was pretty much an even exchange. I would say the reason the CSA won was only due to better commanders, not because you got beat up badly.

Patterson should not be returning.
topeverest

Update

Post by topeverest »

I hadn't realized that I hadn't posted the eventful months of August September.

1. Moving to consolidated Missouri and WV
2. Lyon wins two battles at Rolla reversing a rebel invasion. I guess he survives his personal Wilson Creek. Trick here is that the two enemy forces moved in. Lyon was set to attack. when the enemy moved in - he immediately attacked and sequentially beat two roughly equal foes. That was pretty impressive
3. Building an up in NYC for my first foray into naval invasion
4. Over two turns McDowell fought 5 battles at Manassas against a divided enemy (500 points and Johnston were still in Harpers ferry). On the first turn three battles occurred. McDowell actually won the first and drew the second two. He actually got a commendation from Scott. How about that. Then the next turn I plotted them to move back to Alexandria BUT I did not change both force posture choices. As a result McDowell fought two more useless battles. More importantly he fought with zest against an entrenched enemy - with predictable results. Losses were 2 - 1 against. Battle felt a lot like Fredericksburg in my mind. That force definitely needs to be replaced at this point
5. rebels have not acted aggressively elsewhere.

Upcoming turn is first turn that divisions can be built.

More to come.
Andy M
topeverest

Late Sept Result

Post by topeverest »

Lost a battle to take Charlsetown WV. I tried a quick dash and failed. but I did force the enemy to withdrawal out of another province and took the EW rail except for Harpers ferry

In other major action the enemy attacked the withdrawling McDowell force and was beaten. Hard to believe but below is the result.

Also national morale dropped to 86 last turn and got the event Union has to take the offensive event. Something to be worried about here?

Attachments
99.jpg
99.jpg (414.17 KiB) Viewed 589 times
Andy M
topeverest

WV campaign

Post by topeverest »

Here is that view of WV. Campaign almost complete. Note don't have Harpers ferry to the east. Or Charlestown

Attachments
99.jpg
99.jpg (340.71 KiB) Viewed 589 times
Andy M
topeverest

National Morale random event

Post by topeverest »

So I was actually able to navigate to the random event that -10 national morale. I also gained 1 point for winning the McDowell battle - net -9.

That event said confederate congress to meet july 20 don't let it happen -10 points. COME ON! You would think the design team could customized random events by date and not make such cosmetic errors!

Anyway will I keep getting this event? I am not really in a position to do too much yet.

Open to thoughts on army sizes etc
Andy M
topeverest

Contrabands

Post by topeverest »

That's new. Should I put them with an army - do they train up to another unit type? Can find anything in the rules.

Attachments
99.jpg
99.jpg (20.84 KiB) Viewed 589 times
Andy M
topeverest

replacements

Post by topeverest »

Here is a view of my current replacement queue. I am thinking I have under invested...

Does the RED mean the suggested amount?

Attachments
99.jpg
99.jpg (288.09 KiB) Viewed 589 times
Andy M
Ostwindflak

RE: replacements

Post by Ostwindflak »

The freed slaves unit just repairs damaged rail roads. They do it pretty fast too. They will not train to be a different unit. Do not put them into combat. They are more of a rear echelon element.

The red numbers on your replacement card are showing you how many "hits" you are missing from your units. You should invest a bit more into replacement chits to bring those numbers down. AGEOD recommends investing at least 10% of your force strength as replacements. It is really personal preference though.

Also I am not sure if you have been doing this, but play some regional decisions too. They can help get you get VPs, money, military control, loyalty, etc.
heartfire

RE: Advice Please

Post by heartfire »

I am looking forward to your game commentary, I hope to learn more about the actual gameplay from your experiences, both good and bad.
Is your opponent also going to provide tales of how the war goes, from his point of view??????
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: topeverest

Here is a view of my current replacement queue. I am thinking I have under invested...

Does the RED mean the suggested amount?

ORIGINAL: Ostwindflak

The red numbers on your replacement card are showing you how many "hits" you are missing from your units. You should invest a bit more into replacement chits to bring those numbers down. AGEOD recommends investing at least 10% of your force strength as replacements. It is really personal preference though.

a number in black is a suggestion of how many replacement chits you need to bring your army up to full strength (roughly divide the number/10 as on average that is what each chit will repair). If its in red then not only do you have gaps in your army but you have elements at risk of complete destruction - any more losses and it will be destroyed.

So the red/black is an indicator of urgency.

In general its far easier to repair within a damaged element than to replace a completely lost element and cheaper in replacement chits and you don't need to send the unit to a depot in the rear etc -as you usually need to be in the green/green stance to achieve this

saudivan

Post by saudivan »

Thank you for doing this AAR. I have had a few aborted attempts at playing, as I learn the system. I am hoping to gain some insight on strategies, tactics, and gameplay.

Return to “After Action Report”