Windows 10

Step back to the age of Napoleon and travel in the footsteps of this military genius! Napoleon in Italy is a hex based strategy game that includes both the strategic level of movement and logistics combined with playable tactical battles.
RFC

Windows 10

Post by RFC »

Is anyone running Napoleon in Italy on Windows 10? Thinking of picking this title up during the present sale.
"I'm sorry, baby. Start your countdown without me and I'll be back before you can say 'Blast off!'"
Agathosdaimon

RE: Windows 10

Post by Agathosdaimon »

i experimented with Windows 10 brieftly - i could get the game to run like it does in windows 7 - however i encountered a larger problem with windows 10 and nvidia - something in their settings was stopping me from selecting my integrated intel card from playinfg the game instead of the nvidia card - nvidia cards like my 860m make teh game map unplayable, - so i wasnt able to check if the intel card was all good

this problem however may have just occurred with me doing just an upgrade to win10 and not a clean install. I have gone back to win7 64bit pro and have no problems playing the game -i get the nvidia issue happen, but in win7 i am able to select to run with my intel card.

currently in win7 i can play all the hussar games with no problems - i just had to select some compatibilty settings and change the desktop resolution to a lower one than my current 1920 1020 - so with all this i am 80% sure the game will work fine in win10 ifyou have a intel card you can get teh game to use.

i actually do want to go to win10 but not until the nvidia and photoshop issues are fixed to be compatible with it. windows 10 pro actually looks to have more advance compatibility settings than win10 and i think it may make backwards compatibility even better.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

there's a setting on the Nvidia panel to select which one gets used, and or in bios depending on laptop
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Dominique T

Post by Dominique T »

I found the solution, but I am not allowed to post the link
It's in the 1848 forum

You just have to add these files in the game's folder.
Just try to find the files looking for WineD3D+1.5.22.7z

It works ! (Compatibility Windows XP SP3)

Return to “Napoleon in Italy”