Danish Anyone? 1792 Denmark

Post here to seek opponents for multiplayer match-ups.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Kingmaker

RE: Danish Anyone? 1792 Denmark

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

BN if you are up for Multi-player it may pay you to pop your name on the 'Reserve list', the rate folk are now coming in we may be able to get another game going in the near future if some folk double up on games.

Re removing generals it's a clause on the Diplo Treaty page, think it's called 'Remove general' or somesuch, add the clause to Surrender treaty and off they go.

All the Best
Peter
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

I've modded and all is OK. My E-Mail is jphatfield AT comcast.net.

I will be on vacation about 1.5 weeks in August. I am probably not the only one during the summer time. How do we handle absences like this? Have an ally (if you have any...) play your turn?

GMT -5 (USA EST) English
Rugens

Post by Rugens »

My email:

Rugens
AT
aol.com

Carl - Russia
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert_McCloskey
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

briny_norman---sorry you missed this one. we are still waiting for two to do final check-in, France & Spain (so i'll drop you a line if something happens to them)

even though I haven't yet started this game, I would be up for beginning another, so there is 2 people right there.

Deerslayer has a good question---what do we do about vacations? My thought process is that this is a learning game for most of us, so unless someone is going on a 6 week vacation to the Med, we don't worry about little delays.

We do have another option. If your country is not doing much (ie. not in a major war, etc.), perhaps we can get someone on the reserve to cover for you for a turn or two, following your general instructions.
Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

BTW: I am sure everyone has done this, but we all need to patch to 1.0.9 if you haven't already.
Dab

Post by Dab »

Ok, I'm in as Spain - all generals ok with me and leave foraging ability as it is for this one.

Briny - I believe you can make a treaty with yourself and use the treaty clause to remove generals.

I've done solo treaties before against the AI by agreeing with myself to place an embargo on everyone for 10 years to stop the trade spam every turn.

I'll need to read up on the PBEM merge process.

Edit:

I looked through the PBEM instructions in the manual and it looks pretty straight forward - also the warning that I have to play the turn all the way through and can't save in the middle of a turn which was posted in another thread.

I suggest that everyone put in a note to show their time zone and native language also just for informational purposes. I've always found that this is helpful.

Also after we are firmed up and started - start a new thread for the actual game progress.

First post listing the players - what country they are playing - time zone and language.

I've noticed in all the other PBEM threads people post that they have sent their turns in every time - I don't think this is necessary. To keep the thread cleaner and more readable maybe the Spanish player (which would be me this time) could keep everyone updated on what is going on - eg "Just waiting for Denmark for turn 8" - "Turn 8 sent"

This info would be in the second post of the thread and I could just edit the post as the game progresses.

This would leave the thread cleaner for more AAR type info.

The thread 'Another PBEM' now has 914 replies. I'd like to read through it but...

Edit 2:

I am GMT -6 (US central time) and English is my native language.

Easy site for time zones

http://www.worldtimezone.com/
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

All great suggestions by Dab! I imagine the game goes much smoother with an on-the-ball Spain (who is required to merge and send out turns.) [&o]

Only need a check-in by France and ready to roll!

Also, need everyone to send an e-mail address for turns. I'lla list on a new thread when we get started. Also, per Dab, language and time zone.

I would also say everyone start negotiations as soon as France confirms.
Rugens

Post by Rugens »

Great suggestions. Am in agreement as well.

Carl

ORIGINAL: Dab

Ok, I'm in as Spain - all generals ok with me and leave foraging ability as it is for this one.

Briny - I believe you can make a treaty with yourself and use the treaty clause to remove generals.

I've done solo treaties before against the AI by agreeing with myself to place an embargo on everyone for 10 years to stop the trade spam every turn.

Edit:

I looked through the PBEM instructions in the manual and it looks pretty straight forward - also the warning that I have to play the turn all the way through and can't save in the middle of a turn which was posted in another thread.

I suggest that everyone put in a note to show their time zone and native language also just for informational purposes. I've always found that this is helpful.

Also after we are firmed up and started - start a new thread for the actual game progress.

First post listing the players - what country they are playing - time zone and language.

I've noticed in all the other PBEM threads people post that they have sent their turns in every time - I don't think this is necessary. To keep the thread cleaner and more readable maybe the Spanish player (which would be me this time) could keep everyone updated on what is going on - eg "Just waiting for Denmark for turn 8" - "Turn 8 sent"

This info would be in the second post of the thread and I could just edit the post as the game progresses.

The thread 'Another PBEM' now has 914 replies. I'd like to read through it but...

Edit 2:

Easy site for time zones

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert_McCloskey
Dab

Post by Dab »

One thing I was wondering, does it matter what 'combat difficulty' is chosen in the scenario setup?
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Dab if you should get any probs with Merging send me an email I'll see if I can help.

A 'Just in case' sequential highlighting in WCS games is the 'Ctrl' Key not like normal 'Shift'.

All the Best
Peter
jhdeerslayer

Post by jhdeerslayer »

ORIGINAL: Dab

Edit:

Edit 2:

Easy site for time zones

My TZ added in my 'E-mail" post. I think setting up these games is more difficult then figuring out Textiles![:D]
Rugens

Post by Rugens »

Info for Russia:

Time Zone:  GMT-5 (US Eastern TZ)
Native Language:  English
Email:  Rugens AT AOL.com

Thanks,

Carl

shaunchattey

Post by shaunchattey »

shaunchattey@hotmail.com is my email, msn address is same.
=His Majesty Selim III of the house of Osman, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire=
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

For setup, I think we should go with standard combat difficulty.
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

Everyone check on the new GAME THREAD-- 1792 DENMARK ALL GENERALS to see what info we still need from you before game start (email, time zone, language)

Still waiting on guctony as France to check in....
shaunchattey

Post by shaunchattey »

TZ: GMT +0

Language: English

=His Majesty Selim III of the house of Osman, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire=
aprezto

Post by aprezto »

TZ: GMT+12
Language: broken English
Email: awhhill AT Gmail DOT com

Image courtesy of Divepac
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

Dab--Need email (unless I have missed it). Also, good idea on reserving a post for game reports at the top of the thread.

Still waiting on all info from Andrew Kurtz and confirmation and info from Guctony.

As far as Guctony, I sent him a PM to see if he was still interested, as he is the only one yet to confirm.

Sent PM to Andrew Kurtz to request info.
Dab

Post by Dab »

Email: mwekamp AT gmail dot com

Patched, modded and tested - ready to go.

So setup will be:

Scenario - 1792 Denmark All Generals
Game Length - 23 years
Economy - Advanced
Difficulty - Bonaparte (15% march attrition)
Combat Difficulty - Standard
Victory Conditions - Highest Glory
evwalt

Post by evwalt »

And just to show my inexperience at PBEM, I realized that everyone ALREADY has an email address on their profile. Everyone check and make sure people can EMAIL you.

Keep posting your time zone and language info.

I would advise that everyone go back and edit out your email addresses on your posts. I'll edit out the addresses on the 1st post here. When the game gets rolling, I'll edit them out on the 1st post of the Game Thread.

Also, everyone needs to add the players to their "buddies" here at the matrix forums.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”