Battles without a purpose

Post reports of your triumphs and defeats here for others to read and comment on.
Tordenskiold

Battles without a purpose

Post by Tordenskiold »

After fighting some great battles and winning clearly it is frustrating wathcing the enemy still fighting with small units instead of just run away or surrender. It is just annoying fighting out battles where I am extremely superior against a one unit enemy. No purpose, no fun and I guess not very realistic.
After loosing a great battle clearly the morale of the enemy must be rather low and the obvious thing to do is to run and hide. I get the impresson that the enemy actually makes offensive moves against superior forces and with low morale too. Is it me or the game?
Southern Hunter

RE: Battles without a purpose

Post by Southern Hunter »

No, it is the game. It would be a significant improvement to the AI if it implemented some simple rules like 'dont attack a superior enemy army'. I have had developers justify NOT doing this in the past (not Eric, other developers) with the statement that then the AI would outnumber the player, and would beat him more often, and that would be no fun (!).

Most players (or at least me), would prefer the AI was as bright as possible. Any improvements in AI quality can be offset by reducing the 'fiat' advantages it is given by the difficulty level; more money, troops, etc

Annagil

RE: Battles without a purpose

Post by Annagil »

Let them com and outnumber us!!!

Considering so far I keep winning pretty easily battles where I'm outnumbered 2 to 1 (the AI tends to run headlong against my perfect line, with superior terain and guns shooting point blank without even trying a flanking OR stand and fight even when it has a full corp of my cavalry at it's back), maybe that would make things better.

Return to “After Action Report”