PBEM Question on CoG EE

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

balto

PBEM Question on CoG EE

Post by balto »

I bought Forge of Freedom when it first came out. For some reason, I gave it up on real quick because the manual never clarified whether the modifiers helped in Quick Combat (QC) because it seemed several appeared that they could only help if you used Detailed Combat (DC). No one every helped me with that question. And because I am a PBEM only person, I never cared about DC. But enough of that. It looked like a great game, I should have tried more.

So with that said, CoG EE seems to obviously be very very similar.., which is a good thing. With that said, wiil the PBEM also only allow Quick Combat?

Thank you.
Hard Sarge

RE: PBEM Question on CoG EE

Post by Hard Sarge »

the testers are in the middle of a big PBEM test right now

yes, it uses QC

when you played, did you try right clicking on a unit when in the QC screen ?

it should show you all of the upgrades and there effects on QC

now to be honest, I am the HW guy, but some of the others know QC inside out, Erik was a big fan of it, and wrote some advice on how to set up a battle, don't know where it was posted, but...
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: balto

I bought Forge of Freedom when it first came out. For some reason, I gave it up on real quick because the manual never clarified whether the modifiers helped in Quick Combat (QC) because it seemed several appeared that they could only help if you used Detailed Combat (DC). No one every helped me with that question. And because I am a PBEM only person, I never cared about DC. But enough of that. It looked like a great game, I should have tried more.

So with that said, CoG EE seems to obviously be very very similar.., which is a good thing. With that said, wiil the PBEM also only allow Quick Combat?

Thank you.

Balto,
I just did a simple search of the forum and found a thread you started soon after FOF came out called "PBEM Questions." In it, Eric and I spent nearly an hour combined answering your questions. If you felt that we failed to respond to one of them adequately all you had to do was ask it again -- not give up on the game. I hope you give FOF a shot again one of these days, since it's only gotten better and better (and will soon be getting even better!).

And in answer to your question, yes, those brigade attributes and special abilities do impact the calculations for quick combat in FOF.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
balto

Wow

Post by balto »

I did not know you could search your prior posts.  But after I saw that you did, I goofed around and saw mine.  Man, I am sorry.  I was still into HPS Simulations so I guess I was in grognad mode.   Well, you sure did answer everything, sorry about that. 

I am going to take a zero on FoF for now and just focus on CoG EE.  I have never played anything prior to Civil War, so this will be a whole new thing for me.  I am sure I will suck, but I am really looking forward to this one when it comes out. Thanks for all of your valuable time.
Gil R.

RE: Wow

Post by Gil R. »

No harm done. I'm glad to know that you're considering COG:EE. And definitely give FOF another shot one of these days. Lots of people who dropped the game soon after release and come back to it later are quite pleased by all of the new features, AI improvements, etc.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
terje439

RE: Wow

Post by terje439 »

ORIGINAL: Gil R.
And definitely give FOF another shot one of these days.

I cannot agree more with Gil, I picked up FoF some time back, and it has been stealing my sleep for a long long time! It is definitively worth a try, and if you have any questions as you play, the forum is really helpful. (well unless you chose to play the northern agressors, then I'm not so sure I'll lend a hand [;)])
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
IronWarrior

Post by IronWarrior »

And because I am a PBEM only person, I never cared about DC.

Oddly enough, I too am a pbem only player, and for this reason am actaully more concerned about DC.

I am assuming COG:EE will not have an option to play battles as DC over TCP/IP during a pbem game via import/export?

This would be the one feature that would have me buy it for sure. It would make it stand out from any other title. Not sure if this is possible, but it is the one feature I am waiting for.
Gil R.

Post by Gil R. »

ORIGINAL: IronWarrior

And because I am a PBEM only person, I never cared about DC.

Oddly enough, I too am a pbem only player, and for this reason am actaully more concerned about DC.

I am assuming COG:EE will not have an option to play battles as DC over TCP/IP during a pbem game via import/export?

This would be the one feature that would have me buy it for sure. It would make it stand out from any other title. Not sure if this is possible, but it is the one feature I am waiting for.

Sorry, that would indeed be neat, but it's not in the game. I don't know whether it's possible, but I do know that if it were it would involve an awful lot of programming.

Return to “Crown of Glory”