No Money, No Units, No Lose?

Conquest! Medieval Realms, developed by Illustrious Software, is a turn-based game that combines the pure strategic gameplay of Chess and the key principles of military strategy in a historical setting. The objective is to conquer up to 7 opposing AI or human players by defeating their armies and capturing their lands. To gain supremacy, players will need to unite their spread out lands, build a roaring economy, and raise powerful armies to divide and conquer their enemies. Boost your income via markets and mines, upgrade your armies with stables and archery fields, or amass a large force, but sound strategy and careful thought will help you more than brute force.
Adam Parker

No Money, No Units, No Lose?

Post by Adam Parker »

I was just ambushed by the flying green side in a quick start game. I'm red. Flying because their units just pop up from no where and vanish straight after.

Anyway, something just killed my last unit - possibly lack of up keep? But here I am with no units on the map, no money to do anything and the game won't end (pic shows just my lonely remaining end of the map).

Is this normal?

Attachments
Huh.jpg
Huh.jpg (43.26 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Missouri_Rebel

RE: No Money, No Units, No Lose?

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Yeah, lack of upkeep. The game won't end because one side or the other must get 80% control. During this time you should be accumulating money though, albeit slow and prolly too late at this point. I hope Multiplayer is easy to connect. That's where this game should shine.

mo reb
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Missouri_Rebel

RE: No Money, No Units, No Lose?

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

BTW, the number above the $ sign shows how much you should receive next turn if you hold what you have. Remember to  divide and conquer and don't forget to leave a screening force.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Return to “Conquest! Medieval Realms”