A sad state

stjeand

A sad state

Post by stjeand »

when you open multi-player and see this...
Sadness.jpg
Sadness.jpg (57.98 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
redrum68

Re: A sad state

Post by redrum68 »

Are you saying you don't want to play ncc1701e? J/k.

Personally I've set WarPlan down for a bit waiting til the next patch that hopefully fixes BEF in France. Also SC Civil War is in beta so been diving into that. Not sure how much the SC and WarPlan community overlap but they are definitely similar type of games.
MagicMissile

Post by MagicMissile »

The game is actually quite old now. time flies :D. Guess most people might have left for something else. I try to get into Wite2 a bit but it doesnt quite do it for me which makes me sad actually since the theme and scale hits all the right notes for me. If you have time and want to I am ready to restart our games. Now if you like or wait for next patch.

/MM
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Why don't you try Warplan Pacific? They are new players right now.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
stjeand

Post by stjeand »

I have Pacific...sadly I lost interest.
I really like the Pacific but early on it was a mess with the Japanese ruling the world to fast.

I know that has changed and I have not picked it back up.

Maybe again.

But I like Europe better overall...though once they are connected it will be great.

Though balancing the US with 1000PP per turn will be crazy.
stjeand

Post by stjeand »

MagicMissile wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:47 am The game is actually quite old now. time flies :D. Guess most people might have left for something else. I try to get into Wite2 a bit but it doesnt quite do it for me which makes me sad actually since the theme and scale hits all the right notes for me. If you have time and want to I am ready to restart our games. Now if you like or wait for next patch.

/MM

Sure we can play...let me know if you want Mirror or just want to play one side.

Maybe I will be able to play show enough to AAR...Been wanting to again.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

stjeand wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pm I have Pacific...sadly I lost interest.
I really like the Pacific but early on it was a mess with the Japanese ruling the world to fast.

Maybe again.
This is no longer the case. My current view is that Australia is safe. India is well hard but still possible. China is terrible.
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
MagicMissile

Post by MagicMissile »

stjeand wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:53 pm
MagicMissile wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:47 am The game is actually quite old now. time flies :D. Guess most people might have left for something else. I try to get into Wite2 a bit but it doesnt quite do it for me which makes me sad actually since the theme and scale hits all the right notes for me. If you have time and want to I am ready to restart our games. Now if you like or wait for next patch.

/MM

Sure we can play...let me know if you want Mirror or just want to play one side.

Maybe I will be able to play show enough to AAR...Been wanting to again.
Ok Ill send you a PM :)
MagicMissile

Post by MagicMissile »

stjeand wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:50 pm I have Pacific...sadly I lost interest.

Maybe again.

But I like Europe better overall...though once they are connected it will be great.

Though balancing the US with 1000PP per turn will be crazy.

I am much the same. Unless you really like ships and naval stuff Europe is just much more interesting I think. Yes WP2 can be amazing but balancing yup will be difficult to say the least.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

MagicMissile wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:55 am
I am much the same. Unless you really like ships and naval stuff Europe is just much more interesting I think. Yes WP2 can be amazing but balancing yup will be difficult to say the least.
Don't forget China and Burma, there are land warfare at these places and defending is challenging.
MagicMissile

Post by MagicMissile »

ncc1701e wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:38 am
MagicMissile wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:55 am
Don't forget China and Burma, there are land warfare at these places and defending is challenging.
Absolutely just lack the epic scale of the eastern front :) . But I have the game and played a little bit against the AI I might give it some more time later. But looking in the AAR section not that many seems to be going on in the Pacific either. Maybe people are just lazy :)

/MM
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

MagicMissile wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:48 am
Absolutely just lack the epic scale of the eastern front :) . But I have the game and played a little bit against the AI I might give it some more time later. But looking in the AAR section not that many seems to be going on in the Pacific either. Maybe people are just lazy :)

/MM
I have no time for an AAR but I am thinking of doing it when the next patch will come. I am waiting it because of all the bugs I have highlighted.
canuckgamer

Post by canuckgamer »

Is sending a lot of UK ground units to defend France really a game breaker? I have not read anything from Alvaro indicating that this needs to be fixed or that there will be anything in the upcoming patch to address it. We just started new PBEM games of WP and WPP and wondering about this.
In addition I noticed the comments about China. In our first PBEM China was demolished. Is the survival of China an issue?
We prefer the WP game system to the SC series which in my opinion hasn't changed much in 20 years with it's game play similar to Panzer General. No stacking and sequential attacks one unit at a time. The naval aspect except for the range of CVs is very similar to land operations. I can't see how they could use their current game engine for a realistic strategic game on the American Civil War but I will interested in comments once it is released.
stjeand

Post by stjeand »

canuckgamer wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:59 pm Is sending a lot of UK ground units to defend France really a game breaker? I have not read anything from Alvaro indicating that this needs to be fixed or that there will be anything in the upcoming patch to address it. We just started new PBEM games of WP and WPP and wondering about this.
In addition I noticed the comments about China. In our first PBEM China was demolished. Is the survival of China an issue?
We prefer the WP game system to the SC series which in my opinion hasn't changed much in 20 years with it's game play similar to Panzer General. No stacking and sequential attacks one unit at a time. The naval aspect except for the range of CVs is very similar to land operations. I can't see how they could use their current game engine for a realistic strategic game on the American Civil War but I will interested in comments once it is released.
For France...that depends upon the opponent.
Less experienced opponents can't get through France. I have beaten players a dozen times doing that at least...
BUT it got boring.

NOW I have done it against better opponents...and it is a toss up.

One player wiped out the entire UK army. Caught me unprepared and surrounded it completely...But the damage was done...and Russia held firm FAR to the West of Moscow.

Another lost the entire German airforce 1.5 times.

I am happy to put it on display against you if you want to see what it can do.
Not saying it will work because IF the Germans KNOW you are doing it they change their builds. Keep in mind they have NO idea until after they have fully committed to whatever they plan to use in France.
IF I know that the UK is going to send their whole army to France I completely change my plans.

And to add...Alvaro is looking into this or so he stated. Not sure what he could do other than script UK and French builds for the first few turns to keep this from happening.
I think there will be a UK garrison requirement...that grows a bit until France falls. At least that would be on thing I would try. Force the UK to keep air in country as well as the majority of their land forces.
MagicMissile

Post by MagicMissile »

stjeand wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:07 pm
canuckgamer wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:59 pm Is sending a lot of UK ground units to defend France really a game breaker? I have not read anything from Alvaro indicating that this needs to be fixed or that there will be anything in the upcoming patch to address it. We just started new PBEM games of WP and WPP and wondering about this.
For France...that depends upon the opponent.
Less experienced opponents can't get through France. I have beaten players a dozen times doing that at least...
BUT it got boring.

NOW I have done it against better opponents...and it is a toss up.

One player wiped out the entire UK army. Caught me unprepared and surrounded it completely...But the damage was done...and Russia held firm FAR to the West of Moscow.

Another lost the entire German airforce 1.5 times.

I am happy to put it on display against you if you want to see what it can do.
Not saying it will work because IF the Germans KNOW you are doing it they change their builds. Keep in mind they have NO idea until after they have fully committed to whatever they plan to use in France.
IF I know that the UK is going to send their whole army to France I completely change my plans.

And to add...Alvaro is looking into this or so he stated. Not sure what he could do other than script UK and French builds for the first few turns to keep this from happening.
I think there will be a UK garrison requirement...that grows a bit until France falls. At least that would be on thing I would try. Force the UK to keep air in country as well as the majority of their land forces.
I havent played against a full BEF as I havent actually played a lot for a long time. But I am thinking against full BEF maybe better to try and kill as much of UK forces as you can and go for the Mediterranean in 41 and Russia in 42 instead of Russia in 41 dont know if anyone have tried that.

/MM
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

stjeand wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:37 pm when you open multi-player and see this...

Sadness.jpg
Meanwhile in the Pacific. :lol:
wpp.JPG
wpp.JPG (124.57 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
stjeand

Post by stjeand »

I have Pacific patched and will play some test games...so many changes since I last played.

I have to look at small fleets.
I HATE small fleets in WPE unless I am the Axis since it cripples the Allies and highly overpowers the Italians, air and subs.

I believe in WPP it is 6 ships which might be okay.
MagicMissile

Post by MagicMissile »

stjeand wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:41 am I have Pacific patched and will play some test games...so many changes since I last played.

I have to look at small fleets.
I HATE small fleets in WPE unless I am the Axis since it cripples the Allies and highly overpowers the Italians, air and subs.

I believe in WPP it is 6 ships which might be okay.
I played a campaign against the AI the first week the game was out and havent really looked at it since then.
If you want to slug it out in the Pacific as well as the Pacific let me know :)

/MM

Return to “Opponents Wanted”