Map Mod Issue?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

PzIV

Map Mod Issue?

Post by PzIV »

Hello,

I installed Bellum Pacifica v3 a while back but since then had an HDD issue so lost the game.

I have reinstalled WitPAE and now at the stage of installing the Map Mod.

When I install the Map Mod and load the game, a clean start, I get maybe a dozen of the bases out of alignment with the map.
For example Aden and Abadan are way off where they are in the stock map.
If I load/start with the stock map they are fine and lined up.

I have tried with all of the Bellum Pacifica mods......Kamikaze, Kamikaze Stock, Bellum Pacifica v3 and Victoriam.
All the same.
I had it working before but can't for the life of me recall how it was sooo long ago!
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

PzIV

Re: Map Mod Issue?

Post by PzIV »

I don't think the images loaded.....ooops!

PzIV

Post by PzIV »

Bottom imager is modded.
Top Stock.

Cheers!
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

PzIV wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:50 am I installed Bellum Pacifica v3 a while back but since then had an HDD issue so lost the game.

I have reinstalled WitPAE and now at the stage of installing the Map Mod.

When I install the Map Mod and load the game, a clean start, I get maybe a dozen of the bases out of alignment with the map.
For example Aden and Abadan are way off where they are in the stock map.
If I load/start with the stock map they are fine and lined up.

I have tried with all of the Bellum Pacifica mods......Kamikaze, Kamikaze Stock, Bellum Pacifica v3 and Victoriam.
All the same.
I had it working before but can't for the life of me recall how it was sooo long ago!
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Hi. Basically, the problem is that those modded maps are now out of date.

The Bellum Pacifica maps, along with the other map mods were created years ago and consequently don't include the graphics and off-map boxes for the bases & areas that have been added since in the newest build of WitPAE. No Suez or Mediterranean areas were rendered on those maps which is why everything in that corner of the map is now seriously off-kilter. In WitP, all map art is fixed and doesn't adapt when the underlying geodata gets changed in any way. So, if you are going to use the latest patch you will have to use the new stock map designed for the beta or learn to live with the graphic glitches in the old maps.

Unfortunately, the designers of these map mods in many cases have been long absent from the forum, so the chances of getting an updated version of their maps is iffy. The other possibility is that someone could get creative with something Photoshop-ish and edit them graphically to fit the current changes, but it'd probably have to be done without permission at this stage.
PzIV

Post by PzIV »

Hello Platoonist,

Thank you for swift response and that is exactly the problem.

When I re-installed after the HDD issue I updated to latest patch from Nov 2022 Update v1127Beta.

My lost install pre dates that so only patched to Update v1.01.26a.

As you pointed out the Nov 2022 patch v1127Beta has all the map location changes.

So, basically I updated to Update v1.01.26a and no further so all good now.

Thanks again.

Happy Holidays and have a good New Year when it comes!!
Platoonist

Post by Platoonist »

PzIV wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:12 pm So, basically I updated to Update v1.01.26a and no further so all good now.

Thanks again.

Happy Holidays and have a good New Year when it comes!!
Yeah, that's another option too. Just play with the previous version and all the map mods are good.

You're welcome and a happy 2024 to you, too. 8-)
Bladesss

Post by Bladesss »

I installed the old basic game (clean) and Abadan works fine. Scenario 1 works fine. I cannot check scenarios 7 & 8 because they did not exist in original basic game.
I installed / added v1127 Beta
Scenarios 7, & 8 (and maybe others), Abadan is not displayed correctly and cannot be accessed.
But scenarios 1,2,& 3. Abadan is displayed and works correctly.

The only difference is which scenario I select. No extra maps are installed.

(Also i tried scenario 3 (Dec 8 start) but it still started with the Dec 7 attacks. )
Bladesss

Post by Bladesss »

I repeated the process only installing c1126 and Abadan is working fine, so i think the problem is introduced in v1127
Kull

Post by Kull »

Bladesss wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:58 pm I installed the old basic game (clean) and Abadan works fine. Scenario 1 works fine. I cannot check scenarios 7 & 8 because they did not exist in original basic game.
I installed / added v1127 Beta
Scenarios 7, & 8 (and maybe others), Abadan is not displayed correctly and cannot be accessed.
But scenarios 1,2,& 3. Abadan is displayed and works correctly.

The only difference is which scenario I select. No extra maps are installed.

(Also i tried scenario 3 (Dec 8 start) but it still started with the Dec 7 attacks. )
I'll just note that I have a completely unmodified 11.26a install (used for testing), and it DOES include Scenarios 7 & 8, and both have a "working" map in which Abadan and Aden appear.

That said (as Platoonist rightly points out), all the old map mods won't work with 11.27 since it's been redesigned with a number of new off-map locations (including "breaking the offmap link" between Aden and Abadan). Although the "partial map scenarios" (f/e Coral Sea or Guadalcanal) might allow for the use of an 11.26 map mod in 11.27, it could be squirrely. For example, Shortlands is at 110,132 in 11.27 but 109,131 in 11.26
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Three things to distinguish:
1. Game exe version
2. Scenario files
3. Map files

Older map files (map mods) do work perfectly well with the v1127 Beta game exe version if the scenario files used have been created for these older map files.

In other words, map and scenario files must be synchronised, regardless of game exe version.

For example using the Bellum Pacifica map mod and the DaBabes mod scenario files with v1127 game exe is well possible.

Problems occur if one uses v1127 scenario files with map files NOT made for v1127.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”