Mobilization 2

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
rmelvin

Mobilization 2

Post by rmelvin »

I made a posting in error.
I developed a mental block and confused one thing for another.

The help was good. I just could not see the answer which was correct.
Did figure out I was in error.

Again, thanks for the help.
Last edited by rmelvin on Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lothos

Re: Mobilization 2

Post by Lothos »

Mobilization 2 is condition based.

Mobilization 3 is only Variable based; it is useful when you have decisions that will trigger them and do not need a CONDITION for it.

They both are identical and technically you can move everything from Mobilization 3 to Mobilization 2. You just use the dummy CONDITION when you do not need it.

What I am not sure is what are you confused about?
rmelvin

Post by rmelvin »

I figure at out after the posting, My mistake. Issue here is the condition are not working. I have a false parameter in the condition, but the script is firing true. 151,844 [0,0] [0,1] [1] [0]. [1]=.f. but the script fires .t.
The hex is in France control [2], and the condition is for Axis control [1]. the script still fires .t..
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

That command does not check if the hex is controlled. It checks to see if their is a unit there. Who controls the hex is not part of the command.
rmelvin

Post by rmelvin »

#CONDITION_POSITION= Map positions that will serve to trigger the event as well as distance and number of German/Allied unit ranges as specified by 'alignment' flag. More than one can be set.
Format: x,y [min_range, max_range] [min_units, max_units] [alignment] [aligned_country_id]
Copy from Documentation.
rmelvin

Post by rmelvin »

It appears to be the zero in the unit parameter which is throwing things off. For without the zero the condition does check who control the hex.
Last edited by rmelvin on Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

rmelvin wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:08 pm #CONDITION_POSITION= Map positions that will serve to trigger the event as well as distance and number of German/Allied unit ranges as specified by 'alignment' flag. More than one can be set.
Format: x,y [min_range, max_range] [min_units, max_units] [alignment] [aligned_country_id]
Copy from Documentation.
It is only used for detecting units it does not detect who owns the hex.

Trust me on this one, :)
rmelvin

Post by rmelvin »

I tested and no. If no zero in unit parament the script works. and it does check who control the hex.
I simply replace the zero in unit and it worked. Script did not fire until the Germans took control of Paris.
#CONDITION= 151,84 [0,0] [0,1] [1] [45] so unit parameter [0,0] or [0,1] does not work.
#CONDITION= 151,84 [0,0] [1,1] [1] [45] so unit parameter [>0,>0] does work.
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

rmelvin wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:35 pm I tested and no. If no zero in unit parament the script works. and it does check who control the hex.
I simply replace the zero in unit and it worked. Script did not fire until the Germans took control of Paris.
#CONDITION= 151,84 [0,0] [0,1] [1] [45] so unit parameter [0,0] or [0,1] does not work.
#CONDITION= 151,84 [0,0] [1,1] [1] [45] so unit parameter [>0,>0] does work.
The script fired, not because the Germans took control of Paris. It fired because the Germans had a unit in Paris.

There is a difference, I am pointing this out in case you want to learn what the commands. are.

Trust me on this, I have messed with this game system quite extensively and know it very well.
rmelvin

Post by rmelvin »

Thank you for your response, appreciate. So please understand my confusion.
In Mobilization 2 the Condition statement is as such:
#CONDITION x,y [x,x] [x,x] [0] [xx], [0] as the alignment parameter.

In the definition there is an alignment parameter for the syntax.
In the syntax there is an alignment parament.
In verification the statement fails if outside the parament condition.

See, If I understand what you are saying? The function of the statement condition does not look at the alignment parament, correct?
Lothos

Post by Lothos »

rmelvin wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:24 am Thank you for your response, appreciate. So please understand my confusion.
In Mobilization 2 the Condition statement is as such:
#CONDITION x,y [x,x] [x,x] [0] [xx], [0] as the alignment parameter.

In the definition there is an alignment parameter for the syntax.
In the syntax there is an alignment parament.
In verification the statement fails if outside the parament condition.

See, If I understand what you are saying? The function of the statement condition does not look at the alignment parament, correct?
It looks at the Alignment of the Unit, NOT the hex!
El_Condoro

Post by El_Condoro »

Another thing to consider is that [x,y] checks are random. In the example, #CONDITION will be met if a German unit is in 151,84 sometimes and will also be triggered if NO German unit is in the same hex at other times. To remove all randomness, check for [1,1] in the hex, which is why the other #CONDITION always works (or doesn't if there is no German unit in the hex).

So, to check for a unit in a specific hex, the #CONDITION should always be x,y [0,0] [1,1] [1 or 2] [optional COUNTRY_ID].
ORB & CROWN Fantasy Warfare Mod for Strategic Command
Download for War in Europe or World at War - YouTube - Discord

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”