New patch auto saving and uploading

Strategic Command WWII World at War Tech Support
HarrySmith

New patch auto saving and uploading

Post by HarrySmith »

Hi Guys,
With the patch v1.18 the game around every 5 mins auto saves and uploads to the server? This seems a bit annoying to be done so frequently. Not a bad idea but not every 5 mins. :)
petedalby

Re: New patch auto saving and uploading

Post by petedalby »

I experienced the same on my turn Harry. At first I thought I'd hit the turn ended key by accident!!

Slightly frustrating but should now address those concerns about players reloading / restarting turns which has to be a good thing.
Bavre

Post by Bavre »

petedalby wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:10 pm I experienced the same on my turn Harry. At first I thought I'd hit the turn ended key by accident!!
Yeah, me too :oops:
davidhale

Post by davidhale »

I have very slow internet and the new packaging upload is very frustrating. It can take almost 2 minutes to upload. Our internet lines have not be updated for 15 years and no plans for the carrier to do it anytime soon. I understand the intent but is there a way to make it a setting on/off, or it uploads after you change moving a nations units? It disrupts the flow of turn it happen so often. Am I the only one with very slow internet. What can be done?
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

For the next update, based on this feedback and from others, the automatic updates will be less frequent
HarrySmith

Post by HarrySmith »

Hubert Cater wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:53 pm For the next update, based on this feedback and from others, the automatic updates will be less frequent
Thanks Hubert, I am sure the very vast majority will be happy with that.

Return to “Tech Support”