From the British

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWarWaterloo

ulsterandy

From the British

Post by ulsterandy »

I Started at 11:30am as the Duke in normal mode. I placed all officers on AI to start with this made it easier for me. I moved Gen D' Augbrene from Braine 'L' Alleud with his 2e Neds Brig and 3e neds Inf Div behind the 4th Inf Brig.

Capt S.Bolton RFA Bat to the left side of the 4th Inf Brig. they Are to the right and rear of Hugamount.

Then placed Gen du Plat 1st KGL Brig in Hugamount also pulled all the troops back into Hugamount as well. At the same time I placed a Sup Wag to the rear of Hugamount, not sure if this helps the troops inside?

As Gen Maitland was AI now he sent the Grds on a wonder towards the French to the left of Hugamount!!!!!! They did kill all the French in this area but by 1300hrs I had to bring them back to the rear of Hugamount as they were exhausted but once I had them lay down they were fine after awhile.
Also at this time 1300hrs the French were dying in droves in front of Hugamount. A few units that were in Hugamount had routed, I could not get them back. Gen d' Aubrent then pushed his Neds towards the French on the right side of Hugamount with the 4th Inf Brig. To help them I sent in the 7th Hussars 3 Squd's this was the end of the French attack on Hugamont on the right side at 1330hrs. On the left side the Grds were pushing again I sent in some Cav to help out the KGL Lt Cav. and by 1400hrs there were no French in front of Hugamount. the Grds pushed through the woods and out the other side but teh Lt Cav were stuck inside the woods and could not move not even on the roads a glitch maybe? But as this turned out when the French sent in the Hvy Grd Cav at 1500hrs they both just sat there facing each other doing nothing.

In the mean time the Neds were pushing up on the right side of Hugamont the French Cav to the right just sat there doing nothing. To help the Neds out I sent in the Lt Inf Div. by 1500hrs on this side of the map the French were running.

To fill the whole that was left by the Grds I moved in the Brunsswickers Inf in square and not a moment too soon as the French did send in a Mass of Cav but as some went off to play with the Lt Cav stuck in the wood this was no problem as they died on the squares backed up with Arty. My only problem on this side of the map was keeping the guns going not enough Sup Wag's but with some French captured by the Lt Cav this helped. I would say by 1545hrs this whole side was safe. I think I used only 4 Inf Div and 2 Lt Cav Brigs to do so. It cost the French a lot.

Papelotte La Haie I left to the AI I had enough to do lol. I would say it did a very good job the French never took it. At 1500hrs I did send in the 6th KGL Lt Cav to smash them and relive the pressure there which they did. By 1530hrs the whole lot were pushing towards the French rear.

La Haye Sainte again I left to the AI it was doing a good job. at 1500hrs I sent in 2 Brigs of Hvy Cav who smashed right through the French. Also to help out I sent in Gen Packs Inf In support, they were both pushing towards the French gun line: who in turn were pulling back of the Hill towards the Inf behind..

At 1600hrs there was a French push towards Papelotte but the British held the line just!!!

Then at 1630hrs the Prussians came into the flanks of the French game over for the French.

Again this was played in normal mood so next I will try in HITS!!!!! I did find that as long as I did not got too close to the French cav it sat there. Allowing me to kill the Inf. Where as a Human player would have moved them. Again if I was playing a Human player I do not think I would have let teh Grds go walk about etc.

But I did need the Prissians to win the game.
Volunteer

RE: From the British

Post by Volunteer »

Well, I have just got a 'major' victory for the first time albeit on easiest settings. It was gratifying enough just to successfully cope with the command gui!
RFC

RE: From the British

Post by RFC »

Enjoyed your post. Thank you!

I think the developers have done a great job with the A.I. and will continue to improve it as time passes.
"I'm sorry, baby. Start your countdown without me and I'll be back before you can say 'Blast off!'"

Return to “After Action Report”