Deluxe AWD

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

ncc1701e

Re: Deluxe AWD

Post by ncc1701e »

I have the same behavior playing Global Glory scenario versus AI. It must be indeed the engine.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Lebatron wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:17 am Maybe someone with office skills, so to speak, can volunteer to clean up the documentation so it doesn't look like a pile of trash.
Done! Attached is an updated Readme PDF and a Word file that you can further edit and save as PDF. I just took your 1.06 changes text file and reformatted it into the Word file with a few editorial corrections. I assumed where you said DONE for considering something that you did it. Some things aren't perfectly clear so you might want to clarify things. But yeah, the documentation is cleaned up and easy to edit further. Easy.

Thank you for the update. I'll try to remember how to play and give it a go.
Deluxe AWD Readme.zip
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

You are my Hero! Thanks, it looks really nice. I'll put that into the next update. I'm sure some tweak or two will need to be done soon.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
Darrell999

Post by Darrell999 »

Tremendous work, Lebatron! One question, though (maybe this was addressed earlier and I didn't see it):
Only Total War, Axis Blitz, and Arsenal of Democracy scenarios are shown; all the others (alternate starting dates, tutorials, etc) do not show up. Is this intentional because they use the old maps? It would be nice to retain at least the tutorials for new players. Just a thought. Thanks again for all your hard work!
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Deluxe AWD was meant for players that have already learned how to play the game. I may add one more scenario set in Summer 1940 right after the fall of France. In this way if some players want to skip the first few basic turns, they have the option.

Did you know you can have two versions of the game installed? Most Deluxe AWD vets I'm sure would tell you they keep both the vanilla and Deluxe installed. What I do to make a second copy is just cut and paste the entire game into another folder called Deluxe AWD and then I create a desktop shortcut from the exe in there. I believe I have outlined these steps in the past. Perhaps in the thread here, or in the PDF I made that outlines the basics of Deluxe AWD.
Darrell999

Post by Darrell999 »

Got it! Two installs under two different folders is perfect. Thanks!
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Hmm... I just tried to use the new PBEM system and noticed that you can't select the normal scenario "A World Divided" only the 2 solo play ones are listed. I changed the basic scenarios name from Total War to A World Divided and this seems to have caused issues. I'll have to see if there is any way to fix this.

If not, then I'll just place the old PBEM button on the home screen and return to using the last patch before the new PBEM system was added. I'm not a fan of it anyway. Much prefer the old passing of email back and forth with my opponent.

BTW I can't seem to find that old patch. Can someone email me a copy.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Problem found. I forgot to build the new required *.scn files so it works with the new PBEM system. I'll work on this and hopefully put out a fix within the hour.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

1.061 Deluxe is now up. Hope this fixes the PBEM issue.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Will try.
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
lucliu

Post by lucliu »

Hi, @Lebatron, the mod looks promising, great work!
I have some questions below, it would be great to have some feedback:
1. Is this mod more suitable for singleplayer or multiplayer?
2. As a beginner who doesn't know how to play this game, should I start with Vanilla first or Deluxe mod directly?
3. (not mod related) Could the PBEM++ mode support co-op play, such as 2 players playing as the Axis team vs AI?
4. (may not be mod related) Generally speaking, how many turns does a multiplayer game take, and how much time does a turn take? Is there any difference between Vanilla and the Deluxe mod regarding this?
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

lucliu wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:37 am Hi, @Lebatron, the mod looks promising, great work!
2. As a beginner who doesn't know how to play this game, should I start with Vanilla first or Deluxe mod directly?
3. (not mod related) Could the PBEM++ mode support co-op play, such as 2 players playing as the Axis team vs AI?
4. (may not be mod related) Generally speaking, how many turns does a multiplayer game take, and how much time does a turn take? Is there any difference between Vanilla and the Deluxe mod regarding this?
Lebatron and I are playing a two player game right now. And as a newbie, he is helping me to play better. The game can perfectly be played with 5 players.

I like the new areas in USSR inside this mod. I have installed this mod by copying the standard game and then I have installed this mod in the separate folder. Like this, you can choose what to play.

Are you up for a three player game?
lucliu

Post by lucliu »

ncc1701e wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:01 pm
lucliu wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:37 am Hi, @Lebatron, the mod looks promising, great work!
Lebatron and I are playing a two player game right now. And as a newbie, he is helping me to play better. The game can perfectly be played with 5 players.

I like the new areas in USSR inside this mod. I have installed this mod by copying the standard game and then I have installed this mod in the separate folder. Like this, you can choose what to play.

Are you up for a three player game?
Thanks, ncc1701e.
I aim to vs AI as the starting point to learn the game.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

lucliu wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:58 am
Thanks, ncc1701e.
I can tell you from experience that playing a human is also great training. Ping us when ready. :D
lucliu

Post by lucliu »

ncc1701e wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:13 pm
lucliu wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:58 am
Thanks, ncc1701e.
I can tell you from experience that playing a human is also great training. Ping us when ready. :D
Thanks, will do.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

In a nutshell Deluxe isn't a different game so if you know how to play vanilla then you know how to play Deluxe. This mod in my opinion will give you a better solo experience when you select the two scenarios made for the AI. I built in some handicaps for the AI in these.

3. I'm not even sure if this new PBEM mode even allows some nations to be played by the AI. Never even gave it a thought before.
4. 4 turns per year and it can go all the way to the end of 46, so about 30 turns if you make it that far. Turns can be done in ten minutes or could take maybe 30 if it's a really complex turn. Nations like China don't take more than a minute to play through.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Lebatron wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:04 am
3. I'm not even sure if this new PBEM mode even allows some nations to be played by the AI. Never even gave it a thought before.
Yes it works. Nations can be played by AI. And, if a player quits, the AI is taking over the played nation.
lucliu

Post by lucliu »

Lebatron wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:04 am
In a nutshell Deluxe isn't a different game so if you know how to play vanilla then you know how to play Deluxe. This mod in my opinion will give you a better solo experience when you select the two scenarios made for the AI. I built in some handicaps for the AI in these.

4. 4 turns per year and it can go all the way to the end of 46, so about 30 turns if you make it that far. Turns can be done in ten minutes or could take maybe 30 if it's a really complex turn. Nations like China don't take more than a minute to play through.
Thank you for your reply, Lebatron.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Lebatron wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:50 am Deluxe AWD latest version is 1.061 (Oct, 2023)
Created by Jesse LeBreton
Patch 1.059 compatible
Just a small thing using 1.061 version, there is a small typo on the map for Guadalcanal not Guadacanal.
Guadalcanal.JPG
Guadalcanal.JPG (79.66 KiB) Viewed 653 times
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Noted. Will fix for next update.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”