"Atlantic Wall"

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

nemesszili

"Atlantic Wall"

Post by nemesszili »

Hi!

I've just bought the game yesterday, and it's wonderful.
I had once the WaW (without ADW) and I loved it, so I've bought the ADW also.

I have a useful strategy to defend Western France and Holland against the Wallies HBs an TBs
(well, for me it worked).
Because many times Western France is the place where the Wallies should land, artillery and tanks are the key to fend off an Allied invasion. Before landing, HBs an TBs clear the site. Sufficient number of Flaks and Fighters (later Jets) are enough to shoot down many WA plane.
To stop the Allies from bombing you garrison, DON'T put Militia there, just regular infantrymen instead. They are harder to hit by HBs.

Any comments?[8|]
nemesszili

RE: "Atlantic Wall"

Post by nemesszili »

A question also: The only way to steal technology is to rise the number of spies?
Petiloup

Post by Petiloup »

ORIGINAL: nemesszili

A question also: The only way to steal technology is to rise the number of spies?

Indeed it's the only choice to have a better chance to do so.

The Atlantic Wall is a good concept but sometimes hard to achieve as Germany needs troops against Russia and if you don't put MIL in France then you can't fight Russia with MIL either. At last if France is too well defended the Allies can always go for Spain or the Balkans/Italy.

The Allies have the huge advantage of mobility thanks to their navy (if they can have enough transports :-)
nemesszili

Post by nemesszili »

Well, if they attack Spain, that goes in my favor...

I can always mobilize my panzer army and infantry units at the Atlantic Wall to counterattack, and if I understood well, if an Axis Leaning or Pro-Axis country is attacked, other Axis countries will get closer to me! Even Sweden can join me! [:D] But yes, the long war against Russia needs almost all resources and fighting men. And if the Allies are able to establish a firm beachhead anywhere in Europe, that's a huge advantage for the Allies...

Any tactics to use against the vast armies of the Soviet Union?
Petiloup

Post by Petiloup »

If Spain is attacked you might have a few countries getting closer but to make a difference they would need a factory to produce new troops/supplies or a big army to start with. Beside Sweden and Turkey none other really fit that bill. What you would most probably end up is getting more resources lend to Germany. The problem is you would also end up with a British army to deal with while being busy with Russia at the same time and if too early it would give Russia the breathing time to be strong enough to make a difference.

Only advice I have for the Russian front is to be fast, decisive and focused. You can't swing from an axis of attack to another one if it means wastin a turn doing nothing. Each turn Russia produce more troops so you need to find a way to reduce the number of troops or the production each turn... this means attacking as much as possible counting on the technological advantage to make a difference.

Use Tanks and Bombers/Para. The can strike at a range of 2 which forces the Russian to garrison more in depth. This means less troops in the Frontline.

At last to try to make it as painfull as possible for the Allies to send supply to Russia. If Russia needs to produces troops and supplies then suddenly lifes become a lot more difficult than to concentrate production on troops and get enough supplies from the Allies to keep doing things.

The rest depends on your foe and his own tactics.

Return to “The War Room”