Round 3 2vs2: Lucky1/GKar vs MarshallArt/Sandeman

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

GKar

RE: Round 3 2vs2: Lucky1/GKar vs MarshallArt/xianing

Post by GKar »

ORIGINAL: rjh1971

[:-][:-] Doesn't look good for the Axis [;)]
Not at all. We're screwed about as much as you can be screwed. [:)]

I guess it won't matter much what my Japs will be doing when the US and SU come after me in 1943...
Never mind, I wasn't too satisfied with how I fared in this game anyway.
GKar

Post by GKar »

Japan, Winter '42: The Japs shift some troops and ships around. Rumours spread that the Tenno tries to appease the foes of his ally Germany at all costs.

Since there's nothing else to show, here's a screenshot of all losses incurred so far:

Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (180.7 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Marshall Art

Post by Marshall Art »

Winter 1942 - Russia pushes West through the Baltic, while a large portion of the German Army is busy in France and Italy. No opportunity to counter attack during Winter.

turn sent to Ning.

Attachments
Wi 42.jpg
Wi 42.jpg (100.06 KiB) Viewed 477 times
xianing

Post by xianing »

WA 42 spring
Air assaults damaged most of German bombers. More troops were sent to Europe to protect our pro-Allies goverments in Italy and Spain.

Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (122.28 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Lucky1

Post by Lucky1 »

Ouch I was worried about the air result, but needed to risk having enough bombers to take out allied shipping around Spain. However, I did not anticipate that his attack would be so successful. (I forgot to look at the combat to see whether there was anything exceptional. But it was certainly a good result for the WA). I did a suicide run with a submarine from Italy in the hope of getting the troops isolated, but had no luck. My lone stuka also failed to score a hit on allied transport. So, I aborted the attack and shuffled some troops. Not looking good at all for Germany. Another armour is sacrificed to take out Soviet production in Stalingrad.

Anyhow, I am glad to see the playing momentum is remaining relatively strong, even if we are getting thrashed in this game. I wonder whether we are heading to a situation where the US declares war on her own..... Turn sent to GKAR.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (147.07 KiB) Viewed 477 times
GKar

Post by GKar »

Japan, Spring '42: Nothing to report.
Marshall Art

Post by Marshall Art »

Spring 1942 - Russia moves into Kharkov in force and adds a few troops to the Baltic Front. Bombers fly a few missions to annoy the Germans. The suicidal German tank is taken out by militias. There is a good chance there will be no enemy troops left in Russia by 1943. Besides that a significant number of troops was sent East just in case Japan finally lifts the cover over its plans. China: no change to previous turns i.e. nothing.

Overall picture prior to US DOW:

turn sent to Ning.

Attachments
Sp 42.jpg
Sp 42.jpg (139.42 KiB) Viewed 477 times
xianing

Post by xianing »

WA 42 spring, not too much happened except some strategy bombardement in France, Yogoslavia and Albania.
US well prepared for the war.

Attachments
WA1.jpg
WA1.jpg (75.02 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Lucky1

Post by Lucky1 »

OK. I am glad to see the quick posts. I am leaving Australia in approx 7-8 weeks and will be offline for an extended period (a couple of months), so lets see if we can wrap this one up! (Un)fortunately, it would appear that Germany is not long for this world. Ning's play has been inspired and even if I had not have goofed with the Mediterranean, I think I would have been in only a little less trouble. The early Spain invasion was devastating (WA in force in Portugal in 1941) and a massive distraction that Germany can ill afford. Basically, she is surrounded on three fronts. Fortunately, a fair number of units are tied up in Siberia facing Japanese troops. However, the tide of population and production supriority has turned on the Eastern front..... Basically, Germany retreats from Kharkov to Kiev. Russia should be in Eastern Poland in a turn or two at the latest... In the West, a major air exchange costs Germany slightly more, despite the superiority of German air. 8 Focke Wulfs and 1 stuka are damaged, with one FW destroyed, in exchange for 9 spits damaged. England has managed to churn out a large number of units and get them safely ensconsed in Italy and Spain.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (136.54 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Lucky1

Post by Lucky1 »

I have just had a couple email exchanges with GKar (and I presume he will be posting his own statement). In effect, has does not appear to have much interest in taking the 2v2 tournament further, especially noting that I myself will not be able to play after the next two weeks. For my part, I must apologize, but I did not anticipate that the games would take so long to play when making my commitment in September of 2008 (I think these games have been taking over 7-8 months!). I would humbly suggest that the 2v2 format is rather risky due to its much longer turnaround times and greater susceptibility to interruption. That said, I am heartened to see that a 1v1 tournament is in the works and I look forward to peeking into the forum from time to time to see how that progresses.
GKar

Post by GKar »

Just to confirm from my side, yes, we resign this game due to a mixture of loss of interest in the tourney and lack of time. I wrote a little more in the round 3 thread. Unless I'm grossly mistaken, this game was about to take the fast track to Allied supremacy anyway.
Marshall Art

Post by Marshall Art »

Scoring: Allied DV (+60Pts) - Axis: -20 Pts. AAR Pts. in the order of appearance: 3.25/3.0/3.0/3.0. 
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Bump.
Hopefully after reading an AAR and with the new patch that allows pbem++ people will become interested in this game again.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

Return to “After Action Reports”